Getting bike off center stand - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting bike off center stand

d-shark, thank you for posting the above video, as it is a prime example of how NOT to put a bike on or off the centerstand. I watched both of his videos, of the GL-1200, and the GL-1500, and in both videos this guy did it wrong. Rather than getting into a pizzing contest with the guy in the video, and taking up a lot of bandwidth about all his wrong doings, let's just say...to each his own, and if he wants to instruct people to do it that way, that is his business.
    I will just say that as someone that knows a LOT about anatomy and physiology, you will most likely hurt your back doing it the way he instructs you to do it, and...as someone that has ridden more miles than I am politely allowed to state on this forum , I have had more than my share of times I have hoisted a bike up onto the centerstand. Therefore, I believe I have some experience in this matter.

However, I could be wrong. This guy in the video may have spent the past 43 years doing nothing more than putting his bikes on the centerstand, and back off the centerstand, and never actually riding them, so if you take that into consideration, he may have done this 1,000,000 more times than I have...while I was out riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    Would it not be safer and simpler to just stand next to the bike, hold the bar and the seat rail and just rock the bike off the stand?

Richie
    Hi Richie, i would think no for a bike this size and weight. Short answer: You maintain the most control with the least amount of effort over the bike and procedure as posted by the experienced riders.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

10 Years on GL1800 MC

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Hi Richie, i would think no for a bike this size and weight. Short answer: You maintain the most control with the least amount of effort over the bike and procedure as posted by the experienced riders.
    I have never moved my Goldwing off center stand with out being on it. I have two back operations and no way could I stop it from going over. I put it on my lift table under power.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Having a 3/4 inch piece of plywood under the rear tyre at its parking place gives one a head start on placing your F6B on the centre stand. see older post on subject.
    Deer Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    d-shark, thank you for posting the above video, as it is a prime example of how NOT to put a bike on or off the centerstand. I watched both of his videos, of the GL-1200, and the GL-1500, and in both videos this guy did it wrong. Rather than getting into a pizzing contest with the guy in the video, and taking up a lot of bandwidth about all his wrong doings, let's just say...to each his own, and if he wants to instruct people to do it that way, that is his business.
    I will just say that as someone that knows a LOT about anatomy and physiology, you will most likely hurt your back doing it the way he instructs you to do it, and...as someone that has ridden more miles than I am politely allowed to state on this forum , I have had more than my share of times I have hoisted a bike up onto the centerstand. Therefore, I believe I have some experience in this matter.

However, I could be wrong. This guy in the video may have spent the past 43 years doing nothing more than putting his bikes on the centerstand, and back off the centerstand, and never actually riding them, so if you take that into consideration, he may have done this 1,000,000 more times than I have...while I was out riding.
    Miles now if he had a briefcase and power point that makes him an expert. Ha...
    Deer Slayer

Thanks so much for your input. I will try it your way for sure. So many riders can't be wrong.

Richie