Accessories ... - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Accessories ...

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Deal is done, paid the dealer today, they will pull it off the floor, change oil, 2,400 mi and wash and wax it before I pick it up, w/in 10 days,weather sucks, it is 70 miles away and I haven't figured hoe to get it home yet.

Have gotten a few little things and have my mind set on a few must haves to be ready to roll some time in mid May. Hear they are: I am going to go to the dark side, had a 280 Metzler on a Warrior, like the fat look and the other stuff is a plus. Wind shield, have 14" windvest on the Harley, keeps road stuff and wind off my chest but my forehead takes a beating. Still like the short/sporty look, 9" probably not much better than stock, 11" at least, Dark tint or opaque. Lowering link, Like my rides low, '71 choptop chevy C10, no speed bumps, '09 hemi charger, no speed bumps, my lower exhaust is scratched to sht.Harley, lowered, both my Warriors had Trick air ride. I will go 1 -1 1/4 ". Exhaust will stay stock,like to hear the engine wine, besides I have the Harley w/2 into 1. Seat will be fine. I blame my second wife, Hispanic, for liking my rides lowered.

This will definitely be fun, but worth it kind of expensive.
    , choptop! Just a couple of cautions based on your plans... I'm a darksider myself so be careful in selecting your tire and you'll be fine. There is a space limitation and that will keep you from going too wide so watch out for that. Also, lowering could present problems depending on how "spirited" you like to ride. The footpegs already drag quite easily even at standard height so going lower will make that even more of a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    , choptop! Just a couple of cautions based on your plans... I'm a darksider myself so be careful in selecting your tire and you'll be fine. There is a space limitation and that will keep you from going too wide so watch out for that. Also, lowering could present problems depending on how "spirited" you like to ride. The footpegs already drag quite easily even at standard height so going lower will make that even more of a nuisance.

Thanks for the heads up. I have heard talk of guys having to deflate the tire to get it in place. Only considering an inch on the lowering, it's still an inch but I am not that spirited of a rider

your gonna love the quiet......... motor so smooth so perfect

Quote Originally Posted by 120ci View Post
    your gonna love the quiet......... motor so smooth so perfect
    I am sure I will, can ride the Harley if I want the rumble, miss your Stratoliner ?

it is 70 miles away and I haven't figured hoe to get it home yet.
    More experienced riders might disagree with this method but I'd suggest you put one leg over the saddle, plant both feet firmly on the ground, turn the ignition on, 2 min warm up, ensure all systems are good to go, clutch, first gear, roll on straight home.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    More experienced riders might disagree with this method but I'd suggest you put one leg over the saddle, plant both feet firmly on the ground, turn the ignition on, 2 min warm up, ensure all systems are good to go, clutch, first gear, roll on straight home.

We. in Wi are not such a hardy lot as the produce in Wa, the last month and a half of only occasionally breaking 0 degree's has me leery of throwing my leg over anything outside for fear of freezing tender body parts to it and...

We. in Wi are not such a hardy lot as the produce in Wa, the last month and a half of only occasionally breaking 0 degree's has me leery of throwing my leg over anything outside for fear of freezing tender body parts to it and...
    Choptop, I can assure you that Unsub, Kevin, Dale, and myself are all sitting with about 6 inches of snow on our roofs and driveways, as it has been coming down very heavy for the past 3.5 hours. Almost 2 inches an hour since it started. The poor guys around the Portland, OR. area got it worse than we did.

Glad I have the bike a little apart, doing improvements to it, so I don't fret about riding it in this snow.

Yep on the snow, Rainier where I live is north west of Portland and as of this morning have about 18" of snow on the ground, my place is at about 800 ft. elevation though. Congrats on the new ride choptop. One thing about the northwest the snow doesn't usually last long.

List of things....

Steve0080,

I'd like a copy of that list, if you're offering...

I've got only 3,000 mi on my 6 before winter hit here in the Mid-Atlantic, but I've purchased a bunch of winter mods to put on... I'd like to look at your list and see if I'm missing any (as you are the forum's declared winner of ginger on the 6's) !!!

Spring is only 41 days away !!!

Joe

Just changed puters…let me see if I can find the list…….just bought a Mustang seat!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com