TO DELUXE OR NOT DELUXE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TO DELUXE OR NOT DELUXE

TO DELUXE OR NOT DELUXE

HI EVERYONE I AM WONDERING ABOUT WHICH MODEL I WOULD BUY.

I HAVE NEVER HAD HEATED GRIPS ON ANY BIKE BEFORE. I LIKE THE SELF CANCELLING TURNS

BUT THAT ALONE WONT MAKE THE DEAL. BUT NO CRUISE WOULD LEAN ME TOWARDS

BREAKAWAY THROTTLE LOCK (SAFEST IMO) AND WILL NOT WORK WITH HEATED GRIPS. THOUGHTS?

CAN FACTORY HEATED GRIPS BE INSTALLED AFTER THE FACT? IF EVER INSTALL A ELECTRONIC C.C.

AND WHAT ABOUT PASS BACKREST FOR MOMMA, CAN THAT BE ADDED SEPARATELY?

I AM STILL WAITING TO TEST RIDE ONE BUT AM PRETTY CONFIDENT I WILL BUY ONE IN FACT JUST POSTED VTX

FOR SALE?

I bought the standard model and added what i wanted to it. Everyone is different though.

Quote Originally Posted by naga viper View Post

I HAVE NEVER HAD HEATED GRIPS ON ANY BIKE BEFORE. I LIKE THE SELF CANCELLING TURNS

BREAKAWAY THROTTLE LOCK (SAFEST IMO) AND WILL NOT WORK WITH HEATED GRIPS. THOUGHTS?

CAN FACTORY HEATED GRIPS BE INSTALLED AFTER THE FACT? IF EVER INSTALL A ELECTRONIC C.C.

I AM STILL WAITING TO TEST RIDE ONE BUT AM PRETTY CONFIDENT I WILL BUY ONE IN FACT JUST POSTED VTX

FOR SALE?
    I got the Deluxe. Never Had heated grips before but now that I have them I love them. Contrary to popular beliefs it does get cold in Fl. in the winter when the sun goes down or when it rains. The Breakaway does work on the heated grips. I suspect they say they won't for legal liability. The canceling turn signals are ok but don't function that well compared to what I'm used to on the HD Dressers. The wife loves the back rest now that I raised it 5"s. After you purchase you will be adding many more accessories. I say buy what you can afford and enjoy the best. When you do you'll be smiling ear to ear every time you ride it...................Dickie

Nothing on the Deluxe was anything that I could not live w/out. Although I would have been forced to install a backrest for the SO. The deciding factor for me was when I found a demo that I could get at a new standards price. Now that I have the deluxe it will be nice to have the centerstand for the times I may need it, on a ride, whatever to work on it maybe. The self cancelling signals will be nice and w/this kind of bike, reliable, comfortable, music and some creature comforts, I will probably be more likely to ride deeper into the fall and those heated grips will be nice. All in all I am glad I got the deluxe.

FOR SALE?
    The self cancelling turns are about all you cannot readily find as an accessory for the F6. The rest, you can add as you like.
    I tried packaging them with a Standard and it was affordable, I wanted self canceling turn signals.
    I bought a Deluxe.
    J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

I HAVE NEVER HAD HEATED GRIPS ON ANY BIKE BEFORE.
    I've spent a week a year for the last 8 years in Clarks Summitt on business, mid winter. If I lived up there, this would be at the top of my list.

I've begun to enjoy every added feature with the deluxe. Had a rear flat today & viewed a few YouTube videos before changing it. The centerstand made the change easier even though the bike was on it's side. You'll likely add so many things that you'll be mad at yourself for not getting the deluxe in the first place.

Depends on the price.I talked the standard price down til I was happy then shocked the salesman when I said I want the deluxe for that price.Lets just say I won
    Ride it like you stole it

I want a center stand and heated grips on any bike I own. The Deluxe threw in a couple of more items that were not as important to me but were nice-to-have features.

If you're handy you can probably add everything but the self-cancelling turn signals and save some money... but what price your time?

Go Big or go home !!!!!!!! Helps re-sale if/when that comes as well !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com