She's here !
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: She's here !

She's here !

Just got home from the Twin Cities to the F6b sitting in my garage, some guys I know picked it up yesterday and delivered it, early this morning. Looks beautiful, pics to come, but I am kinda pissed. Has no owners manual w/it and I was looking forward to reading it from one end to the other this weekend and the battery is dead, I can't even hear it run. I need to get to the battery to charge it up, easy to get to? Kind of perturbed also that the General manager, the guy I bought it from, when asked twice by me, about the Owners Identification Card, which shows delivery date of 2/7/14 and warranty expiration date of 2/7/15, just blew the question off by saying you get what every Honda says you get. I should have gotten a new card w/the new date. This kind of issue I am having is a sign of the times, I should be used to it by now.

You shoudn't be used to it, being used to it is what lets these idiots get away with it. I'd be on the horn to the dealer monday morning.

Congrats on the bike, you will love it.

Also the warranty is 3 years unlimited miles, not sure why your card would have a 1 year expiration.

Sounds like you need to contact the owner of the dealer if no satisfaction is given by the GM..He is full of BS about the warranty...All F6B's come with a 3 year warranty from Honda...I would also hold them accountable for the ID card with correct dates and they are, in my thinking, responsible for the battery issue unless all the facts are not out yet...Hope you can get things sorted soon as the F6B is one great ride and you will love the thing.....

Have talked to a couple of non responsive people this morning already, dealer is 70 miles away from me. They will send the manual out Monday morning, we will see. I feel like I am the only one concerned about the manual and the battery. Bike started, for my guys at dealer and they road it into trailer, spent a cold night in trailer, was pushed off trailer this am, I tried to start it for about 10 seconds before the solenoid started clicking. Have downloaded a owners manual and it tells me to access the battery threw the left side bag and remove a panel. A little leery of removing panels as cold as it is, will try and warm up the garage. Waiting on a call back from a guy, at dealer, that can answer my warranty card question. I am just happy to get it here.

Choptop, the battery issue........this is why a lot more dealersd are now installing a battery tender pigtail...hooked up to the battery, so that they can keep bikes charged up, and ready for a customer to pick it up. Our VERY GOOD local dealers...South Bound Honda (sponsoring vendor here) and South Sound Honda do this to every bike, which is a very good thing for customer service. If your dealer did not do this, and did not maintain the battery on your bike...shame on them.

To access that LEFT side cover to get to the battery, you do need to OPEN the left saddlebag. Just open it...then ignore it.
    Then, you need to gently pull off the LEFT side cover...the one that has the chrome letters...F6B..on it. The gloss black paintyed section and the flat black section are screwed together, so they will come off as one unit.

If you have any doubts, there are 1001 pictures online of the side covers, and you can also go to the Honda OEM parts fiche, and look at a picture of it there.

Once the side cover is off, you will see the battery. There is a small black plastic cover that (thinks it is the gatekeeper) to the battery, and it is very easy to move out of the way, so you can have 100 % access to the battery. They "should" be no reason to remove the battery. Everything you need to do can be done with the battery still in the bike.

It would be very wise to go ahead and connect a battery tender pigtail to the battery posts...screwed on...in place, and then route the other end of that pigtail to a place where you can easily access it to connect a battery charger to.

Tip: before you reinstall that left side cover...use either silglyde or chapstick or anything like that...on all of the round and oval grommets, so that the posts on the backside of the side cover slide into the grommets easier.

Give that new battery a minimum of a 12 hour slow trickle charge, preferably less than 2 amps, and slowly bring it back up to full charge.

And...regarding the warranty issue, of them not knowing this bike has a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty...don't worry about it. With they way they are treating you so far, you will be finding a different dealer to take it to for warranty issues, or...you may never have a warranty issue at all.
    All the other Honda dealers in the world will simply take the VIN off your bike, plug it into their computer, and they will know you are still under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Have downloaded a owners manual and it tells me to access the battery threw the left side bag and remove a panel. A little leery of removing panels as cold as it is, will try and warm up the garage. .
    Choptop...the left side bag has to be opened first only because the side panel won't come off with the side bag closed. And yes, you do want to be fairly careful popping off the side panel. The first time I removed it to get to my battery, I found one of the "pegs" broken off and missing and I'm certain the dealer did that as they were connecting an accessory plug. Once you have that panel off, you may want to apply some silicone grease to the pegs so it will pop off more easily in the future.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Looks beautiful, pics to come
    Uh...no, ya we haven't got all day don'cha 'know.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Thanks guys. I have already made the dealer, or at least the rumdums that I talked to today, in a professional manner, that I was not very pleased. I should not have to, not that I won't be doing plenty of it in the future, take off panels because of dealer screw ups, in order to keep a battery from freezing, it will be -15 - 20 the next two nights. I immediately downloaded a F6b owners manual off the web, when I saw I did not have one. I will be looking at the pics in it this weekend, playboy can wait.

Choptop...Miles has an excellent point about the "pig-tail"access to the battery..I had the dealer take the one from my Vision and install it on the F6B before delivery..Suggest you buy one and put it on while you have the battery exposed...I find it much easier to keep Battery Tender on in winter with this set up..I put a small piece of Velcro on the cord and another inside the back of the side cover and tuck inside when not in use...Works for me and congratulations on your new ride!!

Should a person expect more than (1) key ?