Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
The ford aluminum body is a concern. Friend of mine has a Cayenne, all aluminum. The door dings on that thing are awful, plus we get a lot of hail (and tornados) here. I'm going to look at all of em, the dodge and the Toyota also. That new v6 diesel by Dodge sounds cool, but what's the advantage with diesel costing a buck more? Not to mention the spills always around the pump. Stinky. We have a lot of CNG conversions in town too.
I hear ya on the aluminum, and unless you're a Farmer, diesel is a stinky, nasty fuel. ANY diesel engine would not work out for me on paper ($$$) due to what I use my truck for. I don't need what it offers vs a ~small-ish~ gasser. I have the 5.7 and it's actually more than I need to drag just me and my SWB regular cab 13 miles in town on level ground back and forth to work ! LOL!!!

Still nice to read about 'aluminum', 'V-6 Diesel', '2.7 Eco-Boost's," etc!. (Saw the cut-away version of the 2.7 at the auto show,,, JEESH!!! 4 tiny valves in each tiny {450 cc} cylinder,,, seemed like a toy!)

I also agree, between GM and Chevy, I like the GM's appearance better!

Even so, it seems like most new vehicle looks take time to grow on me,,,