No love for the stock mini shield.

Thread: No love for the stock mini shield.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    1951vbs likes the OEM shield.
    Yes I do!

I also know everyone has their own criteria for what works best factoring in wind/rain/cold protection, buffeting, heat build-up, audio and looks. What's best for you depends on what climate you ride in, gear choice (full-face or not), audio (ear buds/helmet speakers or not), past experience and looks.

I bought my F6B for several reasons but very high on the list was LOOKS! IMO the taller the wind-shield the more it looks like a Goldwing without a trunk. My past experience with short or "sport" wind screens has been very good concerning buffeting and the stock F6B screen gives me no buffet. Short screens do however put your helmet in the full wind stream and there is enough wind noise that you can not hear the radio well at speed. Again IMO you will not be happy with the stock screen unless you wear; a full-face helmet with ear plugs or ear buds. Even though I ride and commute year round rain and cold protection are not a factor for me with my full face helmet. Full face helmets are hot in the summer so the full breeze is welcome in those conditions.

As this thread shows I am not the only one that likes the short screen but definitely in the minority. No problem for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images