Well, you can lay it over on it's side on purpose or not First time for everything as they say...my buddy DeerSlayer and I were riding on some side roads around the Blue Ridge Parkway. Some of these roads rise steeply as they intersect with the Parkway. One of these particularly steep ones caught me somewhat by surprise and, next thing I know, my bike is laying over on the right side. Not sure, but I think I got caught leaning to the right and couldn't use my foot brake so, I hit the front brake to hold on the steep hill and it gently layed over on it's side. About the time I think I'm a pretty competent rider, something like this to humble me . Oh well, that's probably a good thing. Anyway, DS parked his bike and came over to help me get it upright. We made sure it was still in 1st because if it wasn't, we would never catch that thing going backwards downhill. One other thing I learned from this...the crashbars are amazing and fully protected my bike from any other damage, including my Rivco Aero Pegs which, of course, were not deployed at the time.