Quote Originally Posted by Bob the bike View Post
Hi Bigdawg, Thanks for posting your thoughts on the new Valkyrie. This bike has not arrived in the UK yet and we are only getting the deluxe version in Red or Black. Both have abs. Unfortuanately this comes with the chrome dressings whereas the blue you have chosen has black fork legs, engine covers etc. I like the look of the blue bike.
I am considering the purchase of a Valkyrie or should I say F6C as it will be called in europe! I have a black F6B and love it. I would be grateful to know more details of the accessory drawings your dealer showed you. How does the screen mount, are their panniers for this bike? I am also looking forward to a report on how the Valkyrie rides and a comparison with the F6B.
Congratulations on your purchase.
The bike feels much quicker and more compact than the f6b. It is much more fun and exhilarating to twist the throttle. It seemed even more rock solid in a straight line and still cornered very well for a big bike, but feels like it has a little higher center of gravity because the gas is carried in the tank only and none under the seat like the f6b. The exhaust note is noticeably deeper, but not too loud for my tastes. I noticed the throttle turns very easily and can be a little tricky to control when going over bumps. The suspension feels more stiff and sporty, but still very comfortable, controlled and luxurious. The seat is a little firm, but well shaped and comfortable at least for the short ride I had. The only thing I didn't like was the wind blast that hit me in the chest, but the windscreen will hopefully take care of that. I just hope it's tall enough and shaped to avoid buffeting. I looks like a decent sized shield. It attaches to the handlebars with a nice looking bracket. It does not look easily removable. There are saddlebags that are mounted on bracket stays. The backrest and luggage attach to the inside of the grab rails with 2 bolts on either side. Easy to take off or put on for a trip. It looks to be the right size for the bike(medium sized rack) and the pad is rectangular and taller than the f6b. I like that is looks like I can have a muscle bike most of the time(with a windscreen) and easily add a backrest and luggage rack to pile stuff on for a decent trip.