Radio - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Radio

low radio volume

Check all the radio settings, bike not even moving there should be lots of volume, mute button is pushed in make sure auto volume is on, i have no problem hearing radio at 120 km per hour.

There going to get back with me today. If the MUTE button was push in there would be no sound rite? We did have volume but very low, Im thinking now it mite be the fader button hope so, really do like this bike.

Ditto what everyone else said.
    I have the standard optional taller windshield and can hear the stereo fine at 10-14 at highway (but not interstate) speeds. In the neighborhood I keep it at 8 or below to not be too annoying to the neighbors. I did notice that playing music through the USB plug seems a little louder than the FM radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavvyduty View Post
    There going to get back with me today. If the MUTE button was push in there would be no sound rite? We did have volume but very low, Im thinking now it mite be the fader button hope so, really do like this bike.
    There is still a little sound with the mute button pushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavvyduty View Post
    Guarantee the mute was on. You get a little sound with mute on. Turning up the volume to 30 would clip the audio and probably blow the speakers. I've never had mine above 20, that's very loud and rough.

All that aside, the sound system on this bike sucks. I rode an Indian Chieftain at a dealer recently, that stereo has 100W per channel and the sound was kick ass rocking -- made me realize how crappy the speakers/sound is on the F6 even at low or no speed. I'm not a big time audiophile or stereo snob, but the stock audio blows on this bike compared to other stocks.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by austin_tech View Post
    the stock audio blows on this bike compared to other stocks.

Yeah, but because its a HONDA, it will probably 'blow' for 20 yrs or more!!! LOL!!!

Been thinking about upgrading to the J+M replacements, but I really don't use the bike speakers,,, ever,,,

Been experimenting with in-helmet speakers, / amp, but still not real 'excited' about tunes,,,

I've had some pretty decent audio systems in my cars over the years,,, I'm a little 'older' now, and no real way to achieve the depth/quality of my old car systems on any bike, so,,,

Ditto on the mute button.

I don't know why some people complain about the stock audio system. It puts out 80 watts per channel and has four channels! That's a potential 320 watts! That's assuming the rear speakers have the same impedance as the fronts.

Even if the rear speakers are 4 ohm, you would still have a total of 260 watts. That's more than my home stereo.

I did just recently verify this. The amp is putting out almost 40v pk to pk. That is about 14v RMS per channel. You can do the math from there depending on the speakers used.

As far as sound quality; how much does it really matter going 60-80 down the road with wind, road and other vehicle noise? Thumbs up for the Honda stereo!

The bike that I did my demo ride on was the same way(very weak). I didn't think much of it because I was gonna get one anyway. When I took delivery of mine and dealer was giving me the tour of all the features, he showed me how to adjust the settings for the audio system. At that time he said that the mute would kill about 80% of the volume. We set mine with the fade on full front, AVC on high,MUTE OFF, boosted the treble a bit from flat and I have all the sound I want, even up to 70mph+. The noise is in there, you just have to let it out. I think the magazine road testers don't have a clue about the adjustments either as they all complain about losing sound above 40mph.
    FWIW, I always ride with foam earplugs and my Shoei Neotec Modular helmet closed up and I can still hear the audio just fine. I also have a Cee Baileys 11" windshield.

Yep, something is "goofed" somewhere...I ride with a 3/4 face Shoei with ear covers in helmet, 19" Baggershield and I can hear the Stereo just fine...Hope you find the problem and I damn sure would not let a stereo sound keep me from buying an F6B!!!

The best is when you have the volume at 20 or so on the ride home and mute it when you roll in the garage, and then the next morning you un-mute it and forget how loud it was and it about knocks you off the bike at 6:30am.