Radio - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Heavvyduty View Post
    There going to get back with me today. If the MUTE button was push in there would be no sound rite? We did have volume but very low, Im thinking now it mite be the fader button hope so, really do like this bike.
    Hey there heavyduty, what everyone else said about the mute button and the fade settings. I'd like to add this, if there is another F6B in the showroom try that radio [without riding] and compare. There could be a deficiency in the one you tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Gperson View Post
    +1 on checking the mute button......
    If that is/was the problem your dealer should be given a serious ass kicking

With the avc on, my volume is set to no more than 16 running 65-70mph.
    If your dealer pushes what he thinks is the mute button and the horn blows....run as fast as you can to another Honda dealer

Please update us on what the problem was.
    Good luck!

Ride safe,
    G
    +1 to this post. I usually don't have to go above 17 with AVC on. I can hear just fine at 65-75mph.

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    As far as sound quality; how much does it really matter going 60-80 down the road with wind, road and other vehicle noise? Thumbs up for the Honda stereo!
    Yeah, I thought the same thing. Try a ride on a bike with a good stereo and you'll understand, at any speed. The difference is that big.

Don't mean to upset anyone on that. I still love the bike. Do I have to love everything about the bike? Some of you groan on end about the paint and I could care less. Also, watts mean nothing if the output sucks. Maybe the speaker upgrade is worth a look ...

Call Track n Trail in State College, Pa. They have 3 new ones in crates and the best prices around ($16,300.00 for deluxe, $15,300.00 for base out the door - did not include sales tax or registration since I live out of state). Worth the 470 mile round trip (rode my trade there) as the bset price in New Jersey was $2,000.00 more.

Bought 1 there last week, rode the bike home 235 miles with stock ws. Had radio on 20 and could hear when at lower speeds through my full face.

Well just got back(MUTE) button was the fix..By the way the salesman was a salesgirl LOL.. she just started Monday she said.. An was very sorry about not knowing much about this bike..She paid for my wife an Mine,s lunch today...as they were prepping my NEW to me F6B.
    Used F6B Delux in Black 3000mi New Ws an Foot pegs ,Rider's back rest 100$ in free gas for the hassle an 3 free oil change's.16000$ out the door.. SO HOW DID I DO.

Well just got back(MUTE) button was the fix..By the way the salesman was a salesgirl LOL.. she just started Monday she said.. An was very sorry about not knowing much about this bike..She paid for my wife an Mine,s lunch today...as they were prepping my NEW to me F6B.
    Used F6B Delux in Black 3000mi New Ws an Foot pegs ,Rider's back rest 100$ in free gas for the hassle an 3 free oil change's.16000$ out the door.. SO HOW DID I DO.
    Ya did real good, congrats!
    Was in your hometown twice over the years to pick up my new Checkmates. Do they still make them there or did they move it to China or something?
    Oh..and Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    The best is when you have the volume at 20 or so on the ride home and mute it when you roll in the garage, and then the next morning you un-mute it and forget how loud it was and it about knocks you off the bike at 6:30am.
    For Real!

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    WELCOME TO THE FOLD, HeavyD!

NIIIIICE!!
    Keep her "wheels down" and enjoy!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

OK guy's went and test rode the F6B today, I have a Stratoliner now.My 2nd one an like it very much, But been looking for something different.The F6B had a 17in windshield on it.The ride an power were very nice, There were no air buffeting or turbulence an the heated grips were also nice today.. But here's my gripe .. Had the Radio all the way up on 30 an could not here it going 40mph or faster, whats up with that. Even just setting there with the bike off, the volume at 30 sucked. Even the sale's person was surprised at how low volume was.We checked a reg Goldwing an it doz,nt even compare.Are you guys adding amp's or are there maybe something wrong , it was the only F6B there, so had nothing to compare it too.If it wasn't for the volume of the radio I would have brought it TODAY, It is not a windshield problem know that for a fact.

MUTE will get you....