Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
I've also heard very good things about the SMH-10.

Not convinced Bluetooth technology is neither fully developed or good value for $ at 300.00 +/- a pair, I purchased a new complete J&M head set to try for $64.00, I also installed a passenger communication pigtail. (quick and easy btw)

After using the hardwired headset for a few months now:

-I like the quality of audio for the cost and it all works like it should on the bike.
-I like that there's no charging requirements.

-I don't like the tether.
-I don't like the closed communication to just the passenger, without other options.
-I don't like the 1,000,000,000 to one possibility of becoming a lightning rod in a thunderstorm.

The tether thing really annoys me more than I thought it would. It's very inconvenient in a number of different ways.

I'm leaning toward the SMH-10 now. This option however, leaves your very nice Honda built in radio and communications system redundant. That's a shame.
So if I'm understanding this correctly, I can get a tethered headset for myself and a passenger (primarily my daughter) and fit our helmets for about 130$. I need to install a rear passenger pigtail for about 60$(?) And I would need to plug a cable from my helmet into the bike for both of us.

Or for 100$ more I can get a pair of SMH-10's have the ability to communicate bike to bike with my friends and my passenger, my nav system , and my phone?

I will likely try a single tether but am leaning towards just getting the sena stuff. I'm happy enough with the audio from the speakers. (I have a tall windscreen), My primary goal is to be able to talk with my passenger.

Wonder if the price will drop on the smh-10 when the 20 hits the market?

Just some random rambling thoughts out loud here.