• Stock

131 62.09%
  • Other (please post)

8 3.79%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: F6B Happy Ass Poll!

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabbasan View Post
    Have a RDL seat and have not looked back. Ugly as hell but it does the job wonderfully !!!!!
    They ain't sexy, but for me, they are the best I've ever found. Wife has one and she agrees.

Mustang seat because it's 1 inch lower. I can now put both feet down firmly on the ground.
    Avatar is a photograph I took July 4th 2009 of a flag and cannon located on Freeman's Farm at Saratoga National Park in Stillwater, New York. A location of a Revolutionary battle field and an American victory over the British in the Autumn of 1777. Let us give thanks to all Veterans past and present for their sacrifice.

I voted other because I have a Corbin pan with Russell Day Long padding

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSGT-R View Post
    .. because my stock seat was made for a big FAT guy with long legs.
    Whew!!! Thought you were talkin about me for a bit there,,,,, But,,, can't be me,,,, my legs are short!!!

I've had a Corbin Saddle on my V-65 Sabre, Valkyrie Interstate, Can-Am Spyder RT-S, and now on my F6B. I find the Corbin's to be like a horse saddle where it's made to be firm but able to be broken in by your butt after about 2,500 miles or so!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Whew!!! Thought you were talkin about me for a bit there,,,,, But,,, can't be me,,,, my legs are short!!!
    Nawww, don't worry Scotrod, just a generalization.
    Goldwings have always had a big, wide, thick seat. Honda never thinks at the other end of the spectrum.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Corbin

I have the Corbin seat. But at the time that I was looking, I couldn't find a Mustang, which I had on previous bike, and loved. The Corbin is comfortable but I found an issue. One day I had a dead battery, because I apparently didn't close my saddle bags all the way, so the lights I have in them stayed on. Thankfully I was home, but with the Corbin seat mounted I can't pull the side covers to access the battery or fuse panel. Does anyone with a Mustang seat have the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    I have the Corbin seat. But at the time that I was looking, I couldn't find a Mustang, which I had on previous bike, and loved. The Corbin is comfortable but I found an issue. One day I had a dead battery, because I apparently didn't close my saddle bags all the way, so the lights I have in them stayed on. Thankfully I was home, but with the Corbin seat mounted I can't pull the side covers to access the battery or fuse panel. Does anyone with a Mustang seat have the same issue.

Getting the side covers off with a Mustang seat is tight, but it can be done without removing them.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate King

I would I could recast my vote in the poll. I just replaced my stock seat with the Ultimate King.
    Very comfortable on the short rides. I haven't had a chance to take a long ride yet.

RDL

I just had my 7th RDL made.
    This time for my steel steed 'Black Lighting' (been riding RDL saddles since 1979). I used their excellent ride-in service and could not be happier
    I rode 1,200 miles right from the factory just to break it in, naw I rode 1,200 miles because I could .

I had RDL raise me 3" and set me back 4" so my legs are now bent at a very comfortable 90 deg. angel when on the pegs and I can finally use the rear brake and I'm still able to flat foot the ground when stopped. I could not use the rear brake with the stock saddle due to my size 16 foot and legs bent to far under me(knees were higher than my hips while setting on the OEM saddle). I had been riding with my right foot on my Ergo lll all the time and only front braking Amazing how fast you can slow this 700lb steed down with both front and rear brakes

The one thing I did forget about was the shield....er...I have a KW flair on now which worked just fine, but with the RDL lifting me up 3" it is just to short, so it looks like I'm going with a Clearveiw large, sport tour, recurve with vent.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/