Traveling for a F6B Deal - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traveling for a F6B Deal

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Yep, trade-ins can be more of an issue than haggling on the new bikes price,,,

We did end up trading the Wife's Roadliner in at HOR for her 6, but getting a fair price for it wasn't ~easy~,,, I knew what the 'Liner was worth in TX as I'd seen them w/ far less options for 'several thousand' more than we were asking,,, (I fully believe in and agree that the Dealer has to make some money off the deal, and perhaps they are worth a little bit less in AR than TX, but he still had a 'good cushion' to safely make some money on a VERY NICE low mileage Roadliner)

I had already bought my 6 earlier that week,,,Basically told 'em give us 'this much' for the Roadliner on trade for a 2nd 6 or we'll load it up and take it back home to TX.

He blinked first,,,

I was in my trade cheap and actually made 500 and rode the bike for a year on the trade . I called Russelville and was ready to hop a plane down and seen the dealer run a auction , contacted them direct we hacked out a deal and I sent them a deposit and rode my trade up the next day and swapped some cash and I was on my way with my new F6B .
    I'm not really a red guy but can allways change the color .

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    I was in my trade cheap and actually made 500 and rode the bike for a year on the trade . .
    Ya done good on that one!!!!!!

I think I got lucky with my new F6B. There are 5 Honda dealers in my local area, none were interested in selling me a new F6B.
    So, I had to rely on the web, searched until I found exactly what I was looking for.
    Found a dealer with a left over 2013 in black, with a $4,000.00 discount, then $1,000.00 bonus bucks.
    Couldn't pass that up. I didn't even try to trade in my old bike, I just went for the deal.
    I got to place the "Sold" sign on it.
    Attachment 6119
    The hardest part of the whole deal was finding someone willing to drive me the two hour ride to the dealer so I could drive it home.

By chance did you get the bike at Mt.Pleasant Honda?...That's where I got mine last fall..Closer for me than Toledo and I got a great deal..I live in Commerce Twp, and all the Honda dealers around here "suck"....Just curious and ride safe.....

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    By chance did you get the bike at Mt.Pleasant Honda?...
    No, I ended up in Kimball, MI which is a couple of miles from Port Huron.