Valkyrie fanatic lusting after F6B. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Valkyrie fanatic lusting after F6B.

F6b is light years ahead of the Valk as far as handling and performance. But the Valk will always be cool. Keep one of each. Attachment 6216

Going to look at a 2013 with 3,400 miles tomorrow...... you never know!!
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by powercruzer13 View Post
    Just for fun, has anybody ridden a Rocket 3 {non touring model} AND the F6B to compare power.
    The 6 has been clocked at 11.84 in the 1/4 and is a true bagger. In fact - they can't be removed.

The R3 tourer is rated at 104 hp, quite detuned from the 11.50 roadster. I suspect the F6B will beat it in a drag race, I haven't seen a 1/4 time for the R3 tourer.

The 6 will leave either rocket on a curvy road. The comfort isn't close.

Now -- Just for fun, has anybody ridden a Rocket 3 AND the new VALK to compare power? better yet, provide 1/4 mile times and perfomance data, maybe cornering and ride info as well.

Stock vs stock, I suspect the Valk will match it in the 1/4 and beat it on any curvy road!!

There is no doubt that the R3 platform has way more hotrod potential than the GW! But I don't imagine it will ever be as good a tourer.

We owned one of the original Valks (a '99 Standard) and currently own a Rocket Roadster; and we have test ridden the new Valk. We can tell you that the new Valk is measurably stronger than the old but will not match the Beast (no cruiser can). But the difference is not huge. Both will eat other cruisers for lunch in acceleration. Where the Beast falls short is in comfort. She is rough and raw; much vibration in the pegs and bars and lots of motor heat. Would not care to launch for a coast to coast ride on her, but she is fun for short blasts and day rides. We are seriously considering trading the Beast for a new Valk.

Our $.02.

We trudge on.