Vance & Hines GL Monster Slip-ons - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vance & Hines GL Monster Slip-ons

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    From what I can tell of (1) vid on Uboob, the Monsters sound pretty good, but the guy in the vid is hot-doggin the hell outta the bike,, never really 'rides along like a normal human',, so

Was not aware of any removable baffles in the Monsters. Cobra 6-2-6, yes, V + H,, eh,,,

The '8 Ben' factor is enough of a deterrent for me to divert funds elsewhere, especially when I'm not looking to 'excite' with pipes,,, just here to be mellow,,, and the OEM does a good job considering what it's given to work with. Also does it with less weight than most aftermarkets, so,,,,, depends on what ya want.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    i have a set on order now.bought from wingstuff..got the good guy "deal",but i think they forgot about the order....
    been like 3 weeks no word
    Hey there smokingjoe,
    Give our guys a call 800.260.4050 or email customer service@cyclegiant.com and I suggest you ask for Rodney; he'll take great care of you. Or, if you prefer, you can PM me with your contact info and I'll have Rodney give you a call. Whatever works best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoon64 View Post
    Got any pics of your bike with these pipes? They look real nice on the V&H Website.
    I'll take some pics this weekend because I need some pics with the pipes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    From what I can tell of (1) vid on Uboob, the Monsters sound pretty good, but the guy in the vid is hot-doggin the hell outta the bike,, never really 'rides along like a normal human',, so

Was not aware of any removable baffles in the Monsters. Cobra 6-2-6, yes, V + H,, eh,,,

The '8 Ben' factor is enough of a deterrent for me to divert funds elsewhere, especially when I'm not looking to 'excite' with pipes,,, just here to be mellow,,, and the OEM does a good job considering what it's given to work with. Also does it with less weight than most aftermarkets, so,,,,, depends on what ya want.
    I have a set of the V&H and the first set of baffles have been removed.

How do they sound , any lean conditions , popping on deceleration ?

Has anyone just drilled out there stock pipes?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavvyduty View Post
    Has anyone just drilled out there stock pipes?
    Yes. Check out thread http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8...xhaust-install Schu3d's post #15. He has a video of before and after a pipe install. The "before" is his stock pipes drilled out.

Elroy

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 99m3 View Post
    I have a set of the V&H and the first set of baffles have been removed.
    Any pics, or instructions? I believe some other versions of V + H had quiet or standard baffles, but 'sets' is a new one on me!

Monsters

Quote Originally Posted by 99m3 View Post
    I have a set and they sound great. The workmanship of course is excellent from V&H. One feature I like are the multiple baffles. I'm running with one set of baffles out and everyone says that the bike sounds like a car, some say Porsche, some say Corvette.

I pulled the ext. baffle sounds most excellent. Helmet on w/o ear plugs drone city for me. You say that V&H has different baffles. PM me I'd like to know where you found these. I though about moding the OEM set but, unless I can replace them I don't want to go there.

PS: when you remove the OEM ext baffles these Pipes are bad ass. They sound Like a tuned Vet with side pipes (for the older crew). In todays spec. they are a mix between turbo mufflers & Glasspacs. Much more turbo, very deep until you get to 3k rpms. then it rattles your bones but, in a good way. You'll never get a passenger on the back! The windshield really resonates the sound. I believe V&H needs to sell baffle mods something in-between, or provide a part number for the baffle assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by djohncline View Post
    I pulled the ext. baffle sounds most excellent. Helmet on w/o ear plugs drone city for me. You say that V&H has different baffles. PM me I'd like to know where you found these. I though about moding the OEM set but, unless I can replace them I don't want to go there.

PS: when you remove the OEM ext baffles these Pipes are bad ass. They sound Like a tuned Vet with side pipes (for the older crew). In todays spec. they are a mix between turbo mufflers & Glasspacs. Much more turbo, very deep until you get to 3k rpms. then it rattles your bones but, in a good way. You'll never get a passenger on the back! The windshield really resonates the sound. I believe V&H needs to sell baffle mods something in-between, or provide a part number for the baffle assembly.
    finally...
    ok...question
    take the windscreen off and see if the drone is there...i think its the shields that amplify the sound

pm please...im about to pull the trigger...