Electric Harley - What the - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Electric Harley - What the

About time!

Someone told me today that my F6B sounded better than the HD....

Harley has lost its way. Harley manufacturing plants in India, liquid cooling and now electric bikes. It's so un-Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    Harley has lost its way. Harley manufacturing plants in India, liquid cooling and now electric bikes. It's so un-Harley.
    Not really, they had their name on two stokes as well as golf carts. It's all a faux image and good marketing skills to fool the masses.

electric- glide

c'mon yall, harley had to grab back some attention since our f6 came out!

Quote Originally Posted by WingStuff.com View Post
    Would any of you be interested in getting yourself an electric F6B if it became available?
    It wouldn't be an F6 (flat 6 cyl) if it was electric.

maybe a E0B. an electic zero cylinder bagger.

If EVs were perfected tomorrow, where would the needed power come from to keep them charged? Electricity does not appear magically at a power outlet in your garage. And any kind of power generation has it's own brand of pollution and side effects. If, magically, adequate electricity generation with no pollution or adverse side effects were perfected tomorrow. we still aren't even close to having the distribution infrastructure needed to get the power out to the people. I support use of our own country's petroleum resources as well as renewed development of nuclear power. Increased power needs should drive development of the distribution grid. We can not continue being slaves to foreign oil. Practical EVs will come, but don't put off trading in your old Suburban, Prius, or bagger because you hear PR dept. talk of the wonders of their newest EV (read that as "research vehicle"). The posts I've read here indicate that most Forum members have their feet sensibly planted on the ground regarding the EVs.

When Hillary made her bid she called the internal combustion engine a dinosaur.

Under no circumstances construe this post as a political endorsement! just sayin

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

with you, Bruce . As a former electrical engineer with the power company, I can safely say you are correct on all counts. Unfortunately, the less informed have "drunk the coolade" and if allowed, will lead us all to economic destruction. We are already pretty far down that road. The POTUS had an honest "moment" months ago when he said that, by carrying out his plan, our electricity costs would necessarily "sky rocket". I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm NOT OK with that
    Ken (Hornblower)

A few people I know did the test rides today in NY.It was by invite only.I am waiting for the feedback.As soon as I get it I will post it
    Ride it like you stole it

I was told the test ride was fun.Lots of power and no clutch or changing gears.The motor has a engine braking system.Slows down pretty quick when you let off the throttle. Just a little front braking was required.Thats about all I was told
    Ride it like you stole it