I found an interesting quote while doing some research...

Thread: I found an interesting quote while doing some research...

I found an interesting quote while doing some research...

Just brushing up a little bit on my outlaw biker group information in preparation for an upcoming biker rally coming in my community, I found this quote from Sonny Barger :
    “ In terms of pure work-manship, personally I don't like Harleys. I ride them because I'm in the club, and that's the image, but if I could I would seriously consider riding a Honda ST1100 or a BMW. We really missed the boat not switching over to the Japanese models when they began building bigger bikes. I'll usually say "Fuck Harley-Davidson." ”
    —- Ralph "Sonny" Barger, Hell's Angel
    2013 Honda F6B #374 (darksided)
    2004 Honda NRX1800 RUNE #274
    2008 Can Am Spyder #21 (basically factory darksided. )
    1989 Kawasaki KZ1000 Police
    1992 Yamaha FJ1200

I remember seeing that quote a while back.
    Very interesting.
    I've often wondered how many 'Harley Guys' are even aware of it.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    There does seem to be a fascination with what other riders think,,,

Sonny has been riding a Victory Vision for a few years now unless he recently switched to something else.

sonny

yea, i read that several years ago as well. it just proves that any one with common sense, and has rode enough knows the obvious about h-d., if they are honest with themselves. with that said, i have several friends that will always ride the harley, and i'm glad they enjoy them.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    All bikes have their strong points. Even if the bike itself isn't the best at what it's made for, if it's 'popular', for whatever reason,,,,, folks will buy 'em.

HD did have it's 'bad boy' appeal,,,, up until every Clerk, Lawyer, and Accountant started buyin 'em,,, Now you see just a bunch of Pirates playing 'dress-up' on the weekends,,,

HD did have a nice sound,,,, (yes, 'did' have,,,)

I often wondered how many bikes HD would have sold if all bikes were silent,,,

Sonny? Quite the life story. Glad he was the one who lived it and not myself. He's in his mid-seventies now, I believe.

Vision? Almost thought I wanted one at one time,,, It was on the 'short list' before I got the 6.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    Sonny has been riding a Victory Vision for a few years now unless he recently switched to something else.
    I've seen him on the Victory a few times but I saw him hanging out at the Indian tent in April. (AZ Bikeweek)

I haven't seen him riding an Indian yet tho. Both are built by Polaris so it wouldn't be a big leap.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I've seen him on the Victory a few times but I saw him hanging out at the Indian tent in April. (AZ Bikeweek)

I haven't seen him riding an Indian yet tho. Both are built by Polaris so it wouldn't be a big leap.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Indian was courting him and gave him a free bike for advertising and marketing purposes. Regardless of whether folks like the guy or agree with his life decisions, he is an icon of American motorcycling. Good, bad or ugly, having Sonny Barger riding an Indian will help promote the brand.

Looks like Sonny is riding an Indian now after all. In the vid he says he took his Victory in for service and they said it couldn't be ready in time so they gave him an Indian to ride and he never brought it back.