Breakaway Cruise Control/ Throttle lock - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breakaway Cruise Control/ Throttle lock

Brakeaway

I ordered one and I'm installing it Friday on my deluxe when UPS delivers it

Quote Originally Posted by LX2 View Post
    Would work with Kuryakyn grips, I'd be all over that.............or do they?
    I have the same grips. I checked the website and the FAQ states that it will work with the Kury grips.

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    sence of cruise control.

After reading many post about it here, I first went with Go-Cruise.
    It was inexpensive and did the job. I just couldn't get over the look of it otherwise nearly PERFECT bike.......

Because I really didn't want to tap into the wirings, the REAL cruise control has never been my option.....

I liked hoOne thing that I really miss after I got my F6B (Deluxe w/ heated grips)
    is the abw Breakaway Cruise looks but their web site mentions that it is not compatiable with heated grips. I have read somone here saying that it works with the heated grips. After looking at the diagram on their site closely, I figured the only reason why they say it's not compatiable with heated grips is the possible interferance of the cruise unit and the wires for the heated grips.

Long stroy short, I took the chance and ordered it. I got the parts today and installed it. I basically just had to re-route the wires for the grips DOWN UNDER the switch housing. I haven't taken it out for a test ride yet but I KNOW it's working.

I don't know how to post pics here but if any of you are interested, I'm more than happy to send pics of how I got away with the Breakaway cruise w/ the heated grips.

PM me w/ your number for pics.

Hope this helps!
    it will never work....thats what they said...just turned 23 k miles....been used every day for the last year and change...one of the best mods i made..

Quote Originally Posted by LX2 View Post
    Would work with Kuryakyn grips, I'd be all over that.............or do they?
    they make one that does...call the and get the number