Test rode Ultimate Mid Rider seat today. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Test rode Ultimate Mid Rider seat today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    Well first things first, you are ALWAYS welcome to come up to South Bend and take a ride and of course share a meal or something.
    That being said I will offer you a few observations. I am 5'10 but have a 28 inch inseam so I am short legged and long torso kinda guy. I went with the King due to my weight (300lbs) as that is what I had on the Valkyrie as well. What I did discover right away is that the seat raised me up about an inch and back from the bars about an inch. (Des had told me that this would be the case.)

At first I wasn't really hip on getting raised up an inch as I could no longer flat foot the bike, but after a few rides I don't even think about it anymore. I also put on a set of risers that raised the bars and brought them back about an inch. I am as comfortable on this bike as I was on my Valkyrie. My wife however felt much more "in" the Valkyrie and felt insecure due to the low backrest on the F6B. Des also installed his passenger backrest riser and I tried using the stock pad as I preferred the looks of it. It just didn't hit her back in the right place to giver her the support she wanted so we tried the Ultimate pad and she says it works great. She says she is comfortable now but admits that she gets more air and feels more exposed than she did on the Interstate which is understandable.

I had a Corbin on my Interstate when I first purchased it and thought it was like sitting on a board. I was on a ride Friday night with a guy with a new WIng and he had just put a $1200 Corbin on it and both he AND his wife hated it due to it's lack of padding. They sat on my F6B and said that they will be ordering a set of seats from him ASAP.
    Thanks for the response Dave. Sounds like the Ultimate King will be the choice for me. I'm 5'8" tall with a 30" inseam. I tip the scales at 275. I got to work on that. It sounds like whatever it moves me up , I could get used to. I barely flat foot the F6B now,with tennis shoes. I am pretty solid ,though, and have never had issues manipulating my Valk or this F6B. Got some pretty stout legs. I don't think I want to be any closer to the tank, like the Mid Rider may do. I like the looks of the MUstang seat as well, but it uses the seat as the driver back rest, and I'm not sure that is what I want.
    I'll have to see about the trip up there, sounds like fun. Thanks for the invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Thanks for the response Dave. Sounds like the Ultimate King will be the choice for me. I'm 5'8" tall with a 30" inseam. I tip the scales at 275. I got to work on that. It sounds like whatever it moves me up , I could get used to. I barely flat foot the F6B now,with tennis shoes. I am pretty solid ,though, and have never had issues manipulating my Valk or this F6B. Got some pretty stout legs. I don't think I want to be any closer to the tank, like the Mid Rider may do. I like the looks of the MUstang seat as well, but it uses the seat as the driver back rest, and I'm not sure that is what I want.
    I'll have to see about the trip up there, sounds like fun. Thanks for the invite.
    Can I come too? It's not often that I get to be the "little guy" in a group. (5'8" & 250)

I have the Mustang seat on order as I want the lower seat and I like the style. I am familiar with Ultimate seats from my Valkyrie years and they are great for many...I addressed my short inseam 28", 195lbs. 5'9", by having the local boot maker add 1/2" higher treaded soles and heals to my riding boots and all is well. Just about can flat foot the F6B at most stops, unless road is wavy and not flat like some intersections, so with the new seat(if I ever get the thing, 6 weeks wait so far), I hope things work the way I want..BTW, I would never be caught riding a bike the size of the F6B with sneakers or tennis shoes on....Seen to many ankle injuries over the years without the added protection of good riding boots....JMHO....Ride safe.....

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I have the Mustang seat on order as I want the lower seat and I like the style. I am familiar with Ultimate seats from my Valkyrie years and they are great for many...I addressed my short inseam 28", 195lbs. 5'9", by having the local boot maker add 1/2" higher treaded soles and heals to my riding boots and all is well. Just about can flat foot the F6B at most stops, unless road is wavy and not flat like some intersections, so with the new seat(if I ever get the thing, 6 weeks wait so far), I hope things work the way I want..BTW, I would never be caught riding a bike the size of the F6B with sneakers or tennis shoes on....Seen to many ankle injuries over the years without the added protection of good riding boots....JMHO....Ride safe.....
    That's quite alright. To each their own. I usually wear boots, but I got some brand new White Nikes that looked so good with my Joe Rocket mesh jacket and my sporty Red F6B.

Well......

I'm 5'6" and 165 lbs, I like the Mid-Rider BUT.......I can't just sit in the very back of the seat. Soon as I do it pushes me forward and when I apply the breaks, I slide forward and so does my passenger so much I have to prepare each time I slow down. It's like the seat is just slippery. I don't ever recal this happening with Ultimate seats I've owned in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by LX2 View Post
    I'm 5'6" and 165 lbs, I like the Mid-Rider BUT.......I can't just sit in the very back of the seat. Soon as I do it pushes me forward and when I apply the breaks, I slide forward and so does my passenger so much I have to prepare each time I slow down. It's like the seat is just slippery. I don't ever recal this happening with Ultimate seats I've owned in the past.
    Maybe we will have to start calling you "Slippery Larry" instead.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Can I come too? It's not often that I get to be the "little guy" in a group. (5'8" & 250)
    Your welcome any time little fella.

Quote Originally Posted by hoglaw View Post
    Is the Ultimate store at Destination Daytona? I may ride over this week and take a look.
    Yes it is. Ride past the Main entrance to the Pirate Palace to the light by the Love's truck stop. Ride past JP Cycles to the strip mall looking building on your left. Ultimate Seats is at the far end.

BTW, they are not open on Sundays.
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

of course the red stripe would make that black bike go slightly faster.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I'm looking into purchasing a F6B. I took it out for a test ride a week ago and found the front of the seat to be pretty wide. Is the Ultimate Seat (Mid-Rider) narrower than the stock seat in the front (near the gas tank)?