Nasty Assault.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nasty Assault....

As you rode along were Bulls running up to the fence........
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I've had three stinging insect encounters, as I recall. All these happened on much less protected bikes than the F6B. Once, a hornet somehow flew in and lodged between crotch and seat and yes, that bad boy let me have it. Talk about an emergency stop . Another time, I made the mistake of riding with my mouth open and a wasp flew right in and yep, he nailed me too. Another emergency stop . Not nearly as exciting but more recently, a yellow jacket flew in and got me in the neck. I didn't even stop for that one since I brushed him off almost immediately. Another advantage of the F6B is hopefully, much better protection from all these angry bugs
    Ken (Hornblower)

nasty, not just bugs

I've had two rounds with quail. The first one broke the shield and chin bar on a modular helmet. Don't know how I kept the bike upright but the cagger behind me said it looked like my head exploded. The second was a few weeks ago on the 6. Took out the tall Honda screen. Beware of tall clumps of grass along the roads where these suicidal birds live.

WOW!!!!!!! The experience some of you guys have had make my incident of yesterday seem extremely mild. I have had a bee fly inside my blouse a few months ago and sting me on my right side. I managed to get off the bike and slap that thing dead. But a Quail to the head?! That's got to be one painful experience. Love these stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I've had three stinging insect encounters, as I recall. All these happened on much less protected bikes than the F6B. Once, a hornet somehow flew in and lodged between crotch and seat and yes, that bad boy let me have it. Talk about an emergency stop . Another time, I made the mistake of riding with my mouth open and a wasp flew right in and yep, he nailed me too. Another emergency stop . Not nearly as exciting but more recently, a yellow jacket flew in and got me in the neck. I didn't even stop for that one since I brushed him off almost immediately. Another advantage of the F6B is hopefully, much better protection from all these angry bugs
    That is why you ride in front!
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Let's see if I can remember the chronological order, first a June bug to the shoulder. That was a few years back when people were shooting off bridges and at the speed I was going on a cafe racer the timing was right. Just as I was going under this thing hit my shoulder. Then a swarm of bees,which convinced me if I hadn't been already to wear the full face helmet. Even at that some of them got in.I could not get that helmet off fast enough,I cant imagine what the cagers thought was going on..funny in retrospect..
    Then in Illinois there is a thing called 'stink bugs' that are appropriately named.One that wasn't a natural event was some guy threw a beer can out of the car going the other way. He wasn't throwing it at me ,but his speed caused the can to cross the road and again, timing, it hit my booted foot and STILL hurt like the dickens....
    The last great experience was something that was big ,yellow and juicy that I hit in Iowa. That mess covered half my shield,I'll never know what it was.
    The rest is dodging birds that seem too close and watching for deer,raccoon and yesterday a coyote that decided to cross as I was coming..

Quote Originally Posted by GNW View Post
    Ok here's one for ya. Years ago my wife and I were riding around a curve on a two lane when a cattle truck passed in the curve with the wind blowing at the right angle of the dangle and a cow pissed all over us. Really, had forgotten about that one but this thread brought that back to mind. No, it didn't taste like chicken !!
    Had the same thing happen many moons ago but I did not get hit with piss,but a loose #2!!Yea it was funny seeing the looks on truckers faces at the truckstop when I was washing offAnother time in Idaho we got in to a road full of grasshoppers going from one field to another.Thousands of them hitting us and the bikes everywere.My buddy in front of me had a fishtail of bug guts coming off his rear wheel.Our Goldwings overheated as the radiators were clogged with all those poor little grasshoppers.

WILD HOGS?????

I would swear you all were in that movie!!
    I cannot make fun of your pain without sharing my experience.
    One was a June bug going 80 with a 3/4 helmet with a 3/4 shield.
    Pulled over immediately and kept feeling my chin. Thought it cut me open!
    I too went through a swarm of bees. I first thought it was a smoke coming from someone's campfire. Talk about some new fast dance moves!! Almost stripped down to my undies! I HATE bees by the way!

NO pics either!!

Buzzard's dropped lunch!

Loving the stories!!!

Too many bugs to count or remember...but the buzzard that dropped his to-go lunch on the windshield of my Concours 14 between Leakey and Concan, tx on Hwy 83 was UNGODLY!!!!!!! I've learned to star honking when approaching a group of buzzards on the side of the road just so they will clear out by the time I get there. They are know to buz or fly disturbingly close to you as they gain altitude. Don't get me started on the turkeys!!! That's a whole other story!!

This particular day there had to be 5 to 10 of the bastards on the side of the highway at a buffet. It had been raining for the last 3 days so what ever they were munching on was good and ripe. Well the majority of the group took off as I approached but the one they designed to grab the carry out was a bit late getting the notice. It had just started to get airborne as I ran up on him. just as he gets eye level he got nervous and dropped his Take-Out my windshield and of course my full face helmet.....

the smell will live w/ me for the rest of my life! You never forget a smell like that. I rode the next 20 miles w/ my modular flipped up hanging my head out into the wind and gagging....Hell I gagged for the next 2 days because I could get the smell outta the helmet!

Fear the Buzzards!!!
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

What a great thread! Entertaining stories here.

The only one I have to recount happened a few years ago. Still not POSITIVE what hit me, but my best guess is that it was a burrito thrown from a passing van full of kids. Hit me square in the forehead and almost took myself and my passenger out.

Very, very Anchorman.