New Indian Scout. Pretty cool
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Indian Scout. Pretty cool

New Indian Scout. Pretty cool

http://http://www.baggersmag.com/bagger-motorcycles/return-indian-scout?src=SOC&dom=fb

At a reported 558 lbs wet, 100 HP 69 cubic inch water cooled V-twin a seat height of 25" and a base price of $10999 , it looks pretty promising.

Looks like Harley just lost the Vtwin race with their Vrod. ut-oh ...

With a 200lbs rider this Indian is calculated to cut 11.4 seconds 1/4 mile. Look out Vrod
    ED209 says RED is faster, you have 20 seconds to comply !

Nice looking bike for its price.

Huge mufflers with a little bike attached. No thanks.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Disclaimer: I'm not in any way a Polaris advocate. The following comments reflect that. You have been warned.

I still can't quite figure out why Polaris decided they needed Indian to do 'all this' (?!?) instead of Victory, or why they even bother.

Quote: •Out of respect for the legendary Scouts of the 1920s, 30s and 40s, the 2015 Scout carries forward classic engine design cues with purposeful styling that honors both form and function

Do people really thing the Indian design, Indian 'heritage', blah blah blah, that was dead and gone before most of us were born (and coincidentally has nothing to do w/Polaris) is something that swoons us in our purchasing decisions today? I sure as hell don't want anything that resembles, in any form, a 75 - 95 yr old 'whatever',,, Geez, let me blow the dust off the old Encyclopedia Britannica's here to figure out just WTH they are talkin about, and then determine why I should even care today, or if it truly even exists at Polaris.

Or is it simply to put 'something else' in the market that buyers can consider? (But the same buyers wouldn't consider it if it said Victory on the side?)

As far as the Scout itself,,, 1130 cc DOHC twin, Water cooled,,,100 HP, 79 ft lbs @ ~6k~,,, 558 wet,, Not bad,,,, the powerband numbers suggest it's not your 'typical' V-twin torq mill, perhaps sharing a powerband 'feel' similar to a 'sport-touring' mill,,, or a smaller V-rod mill (122 HP / 86 TQ, 1247 cc)

Beginning at $11k, the price point is sim to a 1200 Sportster (73.4 cu in, 70.8 ft lbs, 562 wet)

So, it looks like the water-cooled DOHC Vindian 'beat's an air-cooled Harley' in power/performance.

Haven't Metrics been doing this for decades already?

(yeah, I know,,, "But they are not an INDIAN!!" )

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Disclaimer: I'm not in any way a Polaris advocate. The following comments reflect that. You have been warned.

I still can't quite figure out why Polaris decided they needed Indian to do 'all this' (?!?) instead of Victory, or why they even bother.

Quote: •Out of respect for the legendary Scouts of the 1920s, 30s and 40s, the 2015 Scout carries forward classic engine design cues with purposeful styling that honors both form and function

Do people really thing the Indian design, Indian 'heritage', blah blah blah, that was dead and gone before most of us were born (and coincidentally has nothing to do w/Polaris) is something that swoons us in our purchasing decisions today? I sure as hell don't want anything that resembles, in any form, a 75 - 95 yr old 'whatever',,, Geez, let me blow the dust off the old Encyclopedia Britannica's here to figure out just WTH they are talkin about, and then determine why I should even care today, or if it truly even exists at Polaris.

Or is it simply to put 'something else' in the market that buyers can consider? (But the same buyers wouldn't consider it if it said Victory on the side?)

As far as the Scout itself,,, 1130 cc DOHC twin, Water cooled,,,100 HP, 79 ft lbs @ ~6k~,,, 558 wet,, Not bad,,,, the powerband numbers suggest it's not your 'typical' V-twin torq mill, perhaps sharing a powerband 'feel' similar to a 'sport-touring' mill,,, or a smaller V-rod mill (122 HP / 86 TQ, 1247 cc)

Beginning at $11k, the price point is sim to a 1200 Sportster (73.4 cu in, 70.8 ft lbs, 562 wet)

So, it looks like the water-cooled DOHC Vindian 'beat's an air-cooled Harley' in power/performance.

Haven't Metrics been doing this for decades already?

(yeah, I know,,, "But they are not an INDIAN!!" )
    I like what I see. Uh,please point out me which metric cruiser V-twin has been pumping out 100 hp? Especially in the 1200 cc range.
    It's all a matter of choice.

WOW !!
    Got my PTSD going !!

Here's a link to more pics.

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-u...er-black-smoke

I consider myself "old school" but not THAT old school. It's a great looking bike though. It's not for me, but I'm sure they will sell a bunch.

Speaking of American vs. Metric, everywhere I look Victory is lumped in with "metric". Why is that? Somebody else worried about competition?

Uh oh, major blunder in my book. Look at the shocks from the rear. They're offset from each other. Suzuki did the same thing on the Savage and to me it's hideous.

Why don't engineers and designers catch this crap? That kind of stuff drives me bonkers.

Attachment 7330 Attachment 7331

I like it. And Vic/Indian discounts everything, so the price is great. Better than HDs little watercooled bikes. Damn I need a v-twin...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King