Plugging in flash drive for music - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plugging in flash drive for music

2kewlgypsy
    Checkpoint - the connector in the left saddlebag is usb. all of your chargers should be usb as well - use the charge cord as the go between for the ipod and the usb plug on the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by CheckpointChcky View Post
    Well, here's a question....I want to plug my iPod into that plug but the receptacle end is different than the one on my iPod so what do I do?
    Checkpoint, you know how you plug your ipod into your computer with a USB cord? Well, it's the same way as plugging it into your bike. The male Apple USB cord plugs into the bike's female USB port, while the other end of your Apple cord plugs into your iPod. Controls on the handlebars/audio controls are the same in regards to playlist/random/etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    No issues...mine has been plugged in for months and is only removed to update music!!!
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    I just wanted to be sure my Garage wouldn't turn into a scene from Toy Story with all my tools dancing around to the music if I left it plugged in.

SACK OF HAMMERS

SO being the kind of guy who never reads the instructions or the manual (probably a good time to start) the plug-in for the externals is located INSIDE the saddle bag..? geez....."steady as a rock... and twice as smart" that's me!

Thanks guys.....one more question about leaving the iPod plugged in on the bike.....does the ipad then charge itself when the power of the bike is turned on?

Yep

Thanks guys, you are all so smart and helpful.

I'm loving the USB connection with the flash drive. However, huge bummer that we can't play AAC (m4a) format music files from a flash drive.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    I use a Flash Drive plugged into the USB port in the left bag and wonder if there is any harm in just leaving it plugged in after I park the Bike.
    From page 96 in the manual: "Do not leave iPods/USB flash drives in the vehicle (left saddlebag). High heat will damage it."

I'm guessing this is a CYA statement from Honda so that you can't go after them to replace your device. I've had my flash drive in there since day one (3 weeks tomorrow!). The Colorado sun can be brutal in a parking lot, but I haven't had any problems yet.

I've had my flash drive left in for the last 6 months, including during summer with temps in the 100 to 120 F range and had no problems. If the flash drive does stop working a new one costs $8 to $10 to replace and just re add your music to it. You do have back ups of your music...don't you?