Quote Originally Posted by yellowskeeter1 View Post
I really like these, buy my concern is how far the stick out in the closed position that even in the event of laying one over, the are further out than the engine guards. The picture on the top right shows that. Can you verify and let me know ?
In the closed position the pegs do stick out farther than the front engine protector bars, but not by much. You can review the pictures of mine here:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?39-RIVCO-Products

I do not know if in certain type of tip over the pegs would or would not cause damage, everything's possible. In my opinion, in the worst case scenario one might need to replace the valve cover on the tipped over side, if damaged. Quite possibly the valve cover might survive the drop, especially if pegs are folded at the time of drop. I think this would be a good question for Rivco as they may have already tested it for this.

For me, I am fine with it. I haven't dropped a bike in decades and this one has such low center of gravity I don't forsee it being a problem. If I happen to fall while riding, the pegs causing damage to valve cover would be the least of my worries. Anything to do with bikes is a benefit vs. risk so to me the benefit of these pegs outweighs the risk. Just came back from a 200 mile ride today and these pegs are just wonderful.