Scratches on the Bars - 6327 Miles now... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scratches on the Bars - 6327 Miles now...

Powder coating would hold up. When I had my Wing trike I had the luggage rack powder coated and used bungee cords to hold stuff on it and the rack always looked good.
    Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.

A friend of mine had this problem on his Victory Vision. He had the grab rails covered with with braided leather. It looks great and wears well too.

How about Line-X? I Line-X'ed some Tundra parts several years ago and it looked great. It's extremely durable and not too expensive.
    I have been thinking about Line-X'ing some parts like the belly pan and the exhaust pipes. Some folks have done the whole bike

http://www.linex.com/pages/2010/bedliners/

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Elin in So. Cal. View Post
    Iridescent tourquoise! Oh dear, oh dear... yes, I'm going to repaint the Red Queen. If not this winter, then next. I know how long it takes now and I know I can do it more quickly.
    Paint it black. It will be much faster.

shooter
    My girls jeans have studs on the rear pockets. Yep, it scratched the bars. Told her she can't wear the studded ones no more. Hard Chrome would look good. I know, but I'm old. Chrome is my favorite color.

The Body Armor looks great.

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar

Bars and Mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    You do mean 'just the bars', correct?
    No, dear one... I'm a-gonna bring out all the paints and redo the paint job with a different type of paint. And I will do a base coat in powder blue, and the use teal and tourquoise and purple and lilac and then green or blue-green pearl in the last coat before the clear.

And the bars will be powder-coated some weird way, too. Have to check out the local shops and see what they can do.

Not today tho'. Today I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to move to... leaving California in 18 months and have no clue where I'm going to end up before the fit hits the shan. Ideas??

Oh, I installed the CB on the Red Queen today. Even matched the SWRs. Ran a reverse pigtail to the battery tender (had to switch out the wires so I could use the part with the clamps so the pigtail would fit into the Bat Tend thingie. I'll put up some pics. Used a 36" firestick which I mounted on a bracket I made out of two joiners from Home Depot. It is mounted just off the edge of the rack. You'll see.... the Red Dragon Queen has a TAIL...
    "If it moves, paint it."

Quote Originally Posted by Elin in So. Cal. View Post
    Not today tho'. Today I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to move to... leaving California in 18 months and have no clue where I'm going to end up before the fit hits the shan. Ideas??...
    Texas, where else???
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Quote Originally Posted by rumble-b View Post
    A friend of mine had this problem on his Victory Vision. He had the grab rails covered with with braided leather. It looks great and wears well too.

hmmmmm....can ya get picks of that Rumble? I can see it on a harley style bike, but having hard time w/ the 6??? Leather and plastic??? I like anything leather.
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Quote Originally Posted by SmallPasture View Post
    hmmmmm....can ya get picks of that Rumble? I can see it on a harley style bike, but having hard time w/ the 6??? Leather and plastic??? I like anything leather.
    I'll see what i can do.