OMG... I want to freakin' SCREAM !!!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OMG... I want to freakin' SCREAM !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    6 weeks at the dealership trying to install aftermarket cruise?? Kidding I hope.
    Even my dumb ass did it.

Not that difficult at all.
    Let's see....you are in western NC and I am in the Raleigh area.....a short ride and how much to install it?

6 weeks at the dealership trying to install aftermarket cruise??

Word.

Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    Ru talking about -------- ? If so, how much wud u charge me to install it ? I'm serious.
    If you're not in a hurry I'll do a writeup when I install mine. May be a couple of months down the road though.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Word.

If you're not in a hurry I'll do a writeup when I install mine. May be a couple of months down the road though.

Do them side by side...two at once???
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    Ru talking about -------- ? If so, how much wud u charge me to install it ? I'm serious.
    If you wanna buy 2 of them, I'll install both of them. One of them on mine of course.

6 weeks at the dealership trying to install aftermarket cruise?? Kidding I hope.
    Even my dumb ass did it.

Not that difficult at all.
    What system do you have? Got any install pics or tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Do them side by side...two at once???
    Sounds like a good idea but I think a small amount of custom fabrication is needed: i) a simple fab to mount the cruise controller somewhere under the right side pocket and ii) a fab to setup the cable actuator and link it into the OEM throttle cable. I'm envisioning a lot of trial and error and tweaking... so it might be more effective to do one first to figure things out.

Some aftermarket systems suggest opening up the controller and reassembling with silicone to waterproof it. A bit of time is also needed to sit with the F6 schematic to understand where to pick up the speed sensor, where to tie in the clutch safety release, and a few other things.

Get a Mccruse and the instruction Manuel gives you step by step instructions with pictures on how to install it. Comes with brackets, all plug and play. Going to install mine next week.

Quote Originally Posted by photodiver View Post
    Get a Mccruse and the instruction Manuel gives you step by step instructions with pictures on how to install it. Comes with brackets, all plug and play. Going to install mine next week.
    Man wish u were not that far. I wud have paid u to do my installation. I'm not mechanical n will have to find someone to do it. I know everyone's busy riding now. I may order -------- n wait for winter to install it. Hopefully by then someone will be interested to do mine.

If the local mechanic does not charge me too much I'll get it done sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by CheckpointChcky View Post
    Let's see....you are in western NC and I am in the Raleigh area.....a short ride and how much to install it?
    I just posted up on another thread, if several members want to see how it is done and want to organize a date on a Saturday morning we can do it at my plant in Brevard NC.
    I / We can install one, two, or three and everyone can see how it's done and maybe we can spread the wealth and help others wanting cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    What system do you have? Got any install pics or tips?

Sounds like a good idea but I think a small amount of custom fabrication is needed: i) a simple fab to mount the cruise controller somewhere under the right side pocket and ii) a fab to setup the cable actuator and link it into the OEM throttle cable. I'm envisioning a lot of trial and error and tweaking... so it might be more effective to do one first to figure things out.

Some aftermarket systems suggest opening up the controller and reassembling with silicone to waterproof it. A bit of time is also needed to sit with the F6 schematic to understand where to pick up the speed sensor, where to tie in the clutch safety release, and a few other things.
    There is another thread by bstroh59 that outlines the procedure very well. And you are correct, I spent a lot of time making my brackets. That's why I am making the offer to help those that might be intimidated by the ordeal. And believe me it is quite involved! You are also correct the Rostra unit is not waterproof and needs sealing. That's why I would like to do an -------- unit and the fact that it is plug and play with brackets makes it a no brainer in my book. Yes the Rostra will cost you about $400 all in, while the other is over a grand. But seems like it would make life simpler to me.

For the Rostra unit you have to buy an OEM clutch switch and wire it in for the clutch safety feature. for the brake kill you have to wire into the brake light relay. you also pick up your VSS signal in the ECM wire harness, and your tach signal off of one of the coil drivers. Rostra also needs a resistor installed in line of the VSS pulse signal, or you get a check engine light. The install is pretty deep but doable if you are mechanically inclined, and can work competently with wiring and making good weather proof connections. Certainly not for the faint of heart. I would in no way trade a 2013 in on a 2015 just to get cruise and lose thousands in the process when there are options available.