2015 F6B ? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2015 F6B ?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    New/Shiney???

Yep,,, sounds like you are full of regret,,,

There's really only one thing left for you to do at this point,,,

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us
    As far as paint? Yeah I think you're right. Silly me. With Honda's vaunted reputation, I just assumed they knew how to paint a vehicle.

But I know, I know -- that's not important to you in the least.

H*ll, wouldn't even have to be an Indian. If I bought a John Deere tractor I'd expect it to be painted in such a way that it would survive the ride home.

And to those just dropping in without context, I've already said this paint thing isn't a big deal to me. I'll get it repainted when it gets to where I can't stand it any longer. I'll also warn everyone considering a new Honda that it might be an issue. As far as this conversation, I just get tired of certain individuals taking the attitude that appearance shouldn't be important to anyone else just because it's not important to them.

Oh and in some cases, those same individuals have a problem with me loving the new Indian motorcycles. Again, the inference is that if you don't ride or have the same aesthetic values as them, there is something wrong with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Injun Joe View Post
    As far as this conversation, I just get tired of certain individuals taking the attitude that appearance shouldn't be important to anyone else just because it's not important to them.
    Oh and in some cases, those same individuals have a problem with me loving the new Indian motorcycles. Again, the inference is that if you don't ride or have the same aesthetic values as them, there is something wrong with you.
    Bingo, Injun Joe Certainly, this forum IS for people to discuss their individual preferences and maybe even to politely question those with differing or opposing views. What I don't like to see is one member saying someone else is wrong because their preferences are different. I've seen this happen on tires, oil, spark plugs...you name it. Like you, Injun Joe, I get tired of this attitude real quick .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    So I guess both sides of the equation are tired of listening to the same old whining by the same old whiner's, eh?

The previously-gifted Blue hat, once removed, shall now be replaced.

Simple enuff!

There is certainly some good input here. From what I have learned here on this forum and have been able to dig up on line the bike on paper appears to be a great choice. Its certainly un fortunate there are some paint issues on select bikes and maybe its not a wide spread issue. I would hate to spend this amount of money on anything and have this type of issue with no apparent help from the manufacturer. I realize you can get the bikes painted a different color and by doing so you can step out of the box and get creative with designs and colors. That would be a possibility as many have said down the road when its necessary. I really like the 2014 Deluxe but not sure how the pricing will be on the 2015 models. It would be nice to know how much they are going up to offset the added equipment so one could make an informed decision on if the extra coin is worth it VS the 2014 models. I will continue to research and gather info, maybe the remaining 2014 deluxe models will prove to be a great value as we get closer to the 2015 models coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry S View Post
    There is certainly some good input here. From what I have learned here on this forum and have been able to dig up on line the bike on paper appears to be a great choice. Its certainly un fortunate there are some paint issues on select bikes and maybe its not a wide spread issue. I would hate to spend this amount of money on anything and have this type of issue with no apparent help from the manufacturer. I realize you can get the bikes painted a different color and by doing so you can step out of the box and get creative with designs and colors. That would be a possibility as many have said down the road when its necessary. I really like the 2014 Deluxe but not sure how the pricing will be on the 2015 models. It would be nice to know how much they are going up to offset the added equipment so one could make an informed decision on if the extra coin is worth it VS the 2014 models. I will continue to research and gather info, maybe the remaining 2014 deluxe models will prove to be a great value as we get closer to the 2015 models coming out.
    Just my opinion, but I certainly wouldn't let this paint thing scare you . As I've stated already, I have a 13 red one and have not had these issues. Is it because shortly after purchasing I put a coat of Liquid Glass on it and have since put another? Maybe. Is it because I use a micro fiber cloth to wipe her down with Lucas Mist? Possibly. Whatever it is, I haven't had the issues some complain about.

If you like the bike and how it approaches motorcycling, then get you one. I wasn't necessarily dead set on a F6B, but for me, it's what moved me. It looks really good next to my Valkyrie. I just love these flat six motors.

There is no question at all its a very striking design. I really like the flat 6 water cooled and shaft drive being here in Arizona. The only other bike that I like is the BMW 1600 but the maintenance and cost is something I am not willing to do. The info here on this forum is very helpful and its been great learning about the bike.

Having spent 8 years in Phoenix, no way I'd ride an air cooled engine out there, the f6b becomes very sensible in that heat and when you're tooling from Phoenix to Flag at 85mph, you will definitely appreciate the power and acceleration the motor provides. I'd love to ride one up the hill to Jerome, that should make the bucket list.
    ss^,
    Ken

I took that road on my Kawasaki GTR 1400 Concours many times. You are absolutely correct on the air cooled engines out here. You only have about a 6 month riding window and then your done.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Bingo, Injun Joe Certainly, this forum IS for people to discuss their individual preferences and maybe even to politely question those with differing or opposing views. What I don't like to see is one member saying someone else is wrong because their preferences are different. I've seen this happen on tires, oil, spark plugs...you name it. Like you, Injun Joe, I get tired of this attitude real quick .
    Yep ^^^^^^^^___this.Just because your view is different nobody deserves to be belittled. RESPECT. Differing opinions is how we learn. And we"re never to old to learn a new trick.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    there is a reason honda is discounting them..
    2o15 or bust...that blue is amazing
    Could you clarify the reason Honda is discounting the F6 for us?