Quote Originally Posted by er.medic View Post
I almost bought a Stratoliner instead. I love the look of that bike.
I have a Stratoliner, and yes it is a very nice bike. HOWEVER, in order to unlock it's full potential of 113ci, (which is 100 more cc than the F6B), you have to spend some time and $$$:

1. Open up the choked off Intake. Either cut open the air box, or install a 'Big Air' kit, basically 2 K&N filters.
2. And now you need better fueling of course, so a PowerCommander V, and preferably with Auto-Tune module. ($$$!)
3. Then you need a bigger exhaust, and get rid of the EX-UP, which can only lead to problems.
4. Last but most important, stock suspension sucks and the bike drags parts everywhere. So you need a rear shock upgrade, and Fork Springs, both available from Progressive. Getting to the rear shock is no picnic either.

Add to that the puny tank which only holds about 4 gals, and cuts your range to about 150 miles. 1st Gen saddlebags are flimsy and leak. Oil change requires removing 3 separate drain bolts.

Yes, it's a lovely bike, and yes I did all of those things, not sure I would do it over again. I do enjoy stretching out on those great floorboards though.

So it really makes you appreciate the F6B, which you can ride out of the Dealer and basically needs NOTHING.