What do you guys think........?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think........?

What do you guys think........?

Y'all know that my bike is for sale but I haven't had much luck in selling it. I called the dealership where I bought it and asked if they would buy it back. They offered $15,000.00 for it. Should I take the deal?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

I hate to see you get rid of it.

YES, that is a good offer

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Well I know you lowered your price already to 15.5k. It's only $500 less. Will it cover what you owe on it? It is unfortunate, but like already mentioned. I just bought my new 2013 for $15651 in July.

That doesn't sound too bad coming from a dealer. They aren't going to give you more than what they think they can sell it for. Do you have to leave all of your accessories on the bike to get that price? Normally a person doesn't get much for accessories and mods. Even if the price drops if ya take off some of the stuff, you may be able to come out ahead by selling things in the classifieds. Depending upon what you have, you may have a customer right here for some of the things.

Take the $15k and buy what makes you grin from ear to ear every time you drive it.
    I think that's a great offer. I hope there's no "gotcha's" and "by the ways".

Well, the dealership still has the Road Star I traded in for the F6B and is willing to sell it back to me for less than he gave me for it in trade. This is a great father/son dealership known for giving great deals. Please do not misunderstand me....I love the 6 but have to get some finances under control for a while. I fully intend to own another 6 in a couple of years. As a matter of fact, the more I drive the 6, the more it feels like a part of me....so easy to drive and everything about it is great. The Road Star is great too. I had just about every accessory that was available for that bike put on. Let's see if I can post a pic of it.

Nice looking bike, if you like V-Twin cruisers
    Notice my emoticon vibrating and bouncing down the road?

With leftover 2013s selling for less than $15K I would jump on that offer if I were you.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Nice lookin Star!

I believe the Dealer is able to work with you as good as he is b/c he made a little on the initial purchase and he's installed most of your accessories,,, All in all, he's made a little money, paid a few bills,, life is good.

Pretty decent of him to do the deal he's offered. in the 'big picture', he's not getting rich, nor is he losing his butt.

IMHO, considering you are trying to get finances in order, the hardest decision would be whether or not to get the Road Star,,, Whether to ride or perhaps take a break for a while,,,

Quote Originally Posted by CheckpointChcky View Post
    Well, the dealership still has the Road Star I traded in for the F6B and is willing to sell it back to me for less than he gave me for it in trade. This is a great father/son dealership known for giving great deals. Please do not misunderstand me....I love the 6 but have to get some finances under control for a while. I fully intend to own another 6 in a couple of years. As a matter of fact, the more I drive the 6, the more it feels like a part of me....so easy to drive and everything about it is great. The Road Star is great too. I had just about every accessory that was available for that bike put on. Let's see if I can post a pic of it.
    That is a nice looking Road Star. I would've had a hard time parting with it as I still have my beloved Valkyrie. As Scotrod said, it wouldn't seem you would be making much head way if you bought it back in the deal.