Honda Goldwing Recall - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honda Goldwing Recall

Removing the linked braking will be something I really, really would not want to do. The braking of the F6B is something I absolutely love.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If I could, I would remove the linked braking in a second. I like total control over which brake I apply and how much I apply it. Low speed U-turns in second gear are much easier when you don't have to worry about the front brake being applied by Mother Honda when you tap the rear brake.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    George - may you provide a link to these new reports? I searched yesterday and did not see anything for '13 or '14.
    Thanks,
    Steve
    If you Google the recall you'll find articles written about it and some of those have commenting sections; in some of those sections you'll find people talking about having the issue on later models.

Would anecdotal have been a better descriptor? I meant to convey that I don't have anything solid, I just see stray comments here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    If I could, I would remove the linked braking in a second. I like total control over which brake I apply and how much I apply it. Low speed U-turns in second gear are much easier when you don't have to worry about the front brake being applied by Mother Honda when you tap the rear brake.
    That's a good point but the linking is not really that intrusive on my bike; I can feather the rear brake in parking lots with no trouble at all from the front brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    That's a good point but the linking is not really that intrusive on my bike; I can feather the rear brake in parking lots with no trouble at all from the front brakes.
    I agree, no problem at all just using the rear when making tight turns. I play with the friction zone and she turns on a dime.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I agree there are many times when I wish I could just apply a little rear brake, without the front, I hate the linked brakes and would be rid of them in a second.

It's not that I can't modulate my rear brake. My concern is if I apply too much rear brake, then I have to contend with unwanted front braking.