Snow Tires - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snow Tires

Don't mind the snow its the salt in the northeast thats the problem .

Thumbs up Already Got Some!

Already got some snow on the hill tops I'm praying to the great God of motorcycling to let me have just one more ride before I have to put my baby away for the long winter
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Hi Paul. With your trike you should be able to run any tyre even with ice studs. With extra wheels one could change back and forth? Good luck.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Red face Salt with Everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    Hi Paul. With your trike you should be able to run any tyre even with ice studs. With extra wheels one could change back and forth? Good luck.
    As Madmax says it's the salt that's the problem. I have a friend who works on the gritters and he reports for duty on Monday! Once that stuff goes down you can forget it. One reason for me parting with my Rune, so much chrome and salt with everything doesn't go
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Never thought about the mag-chloride used in our neck of the woods in place of salt! I think there go my plans...
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

or could get a KLR 650 or some dual sport for the winter.

Winters are generally pretty mild here, so we try to ride all year every month there are a few days we can get the bikes out. I've already been wearing my electric gear every morning this week into work.

Quote Originally Posted by Injun Joe View Post
    Never thought about the mag-chloride used in our neck of the woods in place of salt! I think there go my plans...
    Not to mention the sand Injun Joe. The bain of springtime rides in the mountains. I'll ride in any weather but snow....