Road Hazards - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Road Hazards

came around a corner one day, and found a car door in the road... A CAR DOOR. Turns out a couple miles ahead, there was a beat up pickup with scrap metal going to the junkyard with nothing tied down. Lesson, if you come across a car door, stop and pick it up. you may have a chance to return the favor just up ahead.

While on vacation last summer in Oklahoma I had a piece of concrete from the road fly past me. I was rolling about 85mph when the car in front of me kicked it up. I only saw it for a brief moment but I swear it was the size of a trash can lid and about 3 inches thick.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    Two things I never want to see while I am riding:
    1) "Buick" - I dont care if Tiger Woods drives one. 99% of them are driven by whiteheads and they will kill you
    2) "Garage Sale" - also known as "Tag" sales, "Estate" sales...dosent matter...people will be stopping in the roadway and other stupid shit to look at that 20 year old lawn mower
    3. Look darling, dead leaves, then slam on brakes to take a photo with out turning off the Parkway!
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

How about a small boulder, stuck between the two rear tires of a tri-axle, going 70mph down the highway.
    But the "best"? was a horse walking in the middle of the road at night!

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    3. Look darling, dead leaves, then slam on brakes to take a photo with out turning off the Parkway!
    Yeah. no kidding. I like to ride the parkway, but this time of year I stay off the darn thing. Seems like riders killed up there every day for just exactly what you are saying.

In the HOV lane........

There are PVC pylons about 36" high, so if on a bike (like I was that busy afternoon) riding about 75mph, there really is no safe escape. I see a pickup (same speed) in the normal traffic side with a round lid from a Igloo water jug flailing about in the bed. Yep...............it broke loose and came whizzing passed me. That coulda hurt.

New Jersey Turnpike above exit 7A or Garden State PKY its not for beginers

Quote Originally Posted by LX2 View Post
    There are PVC pylons about 36" high, so if on a bike (like I was that busy afternoon) riding about 75mph, there really is no safe escape. I see a pickup (same speed) in the normal traffic side with a round lid from a Igloo water jug flailing about in the bed. Yep...............it broke loose and came whizzing passed me. That coulda hurt.
    Is your f6 actually blue or is that the lighting in the photo because I really like that color?
    ss^,
    Ken

YEP................

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    Is your f6 actually blue or is that the lighting in the photo because I really like that color?
    It's blue, depending on how you look at it too. Actually I'm all about RED but this was different so, it came home with me.

Quote Originally Posted by LX2 View Post
    It's blue, depending on how you look at it too. Actually I'm all about RED but this was different so, it came home with me.
    That blue paint job looks very nice.