Plugging in flash drive for music - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plugging in flash drive for music

Quote Originally Posted by rumble-b View Post
    I've had my flash drive left in for the last 6 months, including during summer with temps in the 100 to 120 F range and had no problems. If the flash drive does stop working a new one costs $8 to $10 to replace and just re add your music to it. You do have back ups of your music...don't you?
    Well... I'm in the process of downloading JUST my Amazon music purchases and they amount to 24GB. So it's a 64GB drive for me and they cost a "little" more.

I have had nothing but frustration trying to get my 64GB or my 32 GB flash drives to work. I figured it was a file structure problem. Has anyone posted what the structure has to look like?

I downloaded a converter program that takes my iTunes files and converts them to MP3. My files are a mess. Some start with a number like 03, o4 etc. some have the artist and song title in the name of the file.

I would love to know what the file titles need to look like so I can start the several days work of renaming about 4,000 file names.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastergunny View Post
    I have had nothing but frustration trying to get my 64GB or my 32 GB flash drives to work. I figured it was a file structure problem. Has anyone posted what the structure has to look like?
    I downloaded a converter program that takes my iTunes files and converts them to MP3. My files are a mess. Some start with a number like 03, o4 etc. some have the artist and song title in the name of the file.
    I would love to know what the file titles need to look like so I can start the several days work of renaming about 4,000 file names.

I had the same problem, kept making a thumb drive of music and never played, then I found out the directory structure is key.
    Found a program that does all the work for you.

See this post, then look at #14
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2...layer+Software

ipod/itunes

I have my songs in Itunes but I bought a new computer about 6 months ago. For whatever reason Itunes is not allowing me to move my songs to the new computer still using Itunes. Only songs they move is the ones I bought from them. The others are all legal....copied from cd's I bought, but they wont let me load them. Looking at changing venues....but with the control they exert, dont know if they'll prohibit or just make it really difficult to move my songs to another method. Anyone have any ideas?

Whoops..read a little more and question already answered. Thanks

Itunes and iPod "backup"

There are a lot of 3d party software packages that will transfer your iPod library to a fresh instance of iTunes on a different computer.
    Of course, that's assuming you have your entire library on the iPod.

I use one called "TouchCopy." Being in the DJ business, I keep three identical 160GB iPods at the ready and keep them backed up on various PC/Mac devices.
    No issues.
    Cheers.
    Steve

Do I Have A USB Plug On My 2013...

I have never seen it... how do you control the flash drive? This is embarrassing.

Never Used the USB Port...

Do you need a program to play songs on a flash drive or just format it and load music?

Little slow here... Thanks for your help... What setting on the radio plays the drive?

Quote Originally Posted by RonRider View Post
    I have never seen it... how do you control the flash drive? This is embarrassing.
    It's all in your owners manual. USB is in the left saddlebag.

Quote Originally Posted by RonRider View Post
    Do you need a program to play songs on a flash drive or just format it and load music?

Little slow here... Thanks for your help... What setting on the radio plays the drive?
    I just loaded them on the drive, plugged the drive into the bike, and played away.

Egads. Even on the 2013? Im at work for the next week so I wont be able to check. Just bought the bike last week(used) & only put 200 km.
    Another silly question. Is there a spot to plug in Earbuds(stereo earplugs). While riding I would rather have a good set of Earbuds in listening to music then the speakers on the bike.
    2013 Black F6B
    2010 Victory Cross Country
    2005 R1
    2010 Ducati Multistrada (its a keeper)
    450 KTM (strictly motocross)
    Husqvarna SMR 510

+ a few more.

Past - way too many to mention