Visibility - head light black-out area - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Visibility - head light black-out area

High beams allways in the daytime......I even get cars flashing there lites at me in the daytime....They must see me...!

I *think* the GL1800 lights are typically adjusted low from the factory in order to compensate for two-up riding with luggage.

I adjusted mine up a couple of inches and I'm pleased enough that I've forgotten about headlight mods. The F6B has a tool-less headlight adjustment... just reach up under the front of the fairing and search for a thumb-wheel. Spin it until your lights are properly adjusted.

Yup, I turned the knobs about 10 clicks and it made a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by vstar09 View Post
    High beams allways in the daytime......I even get cars flashing there lites at me in the daytime....They must see me...!
    Same here....I seem to irritate a small percentage of cage operators using my highbeams on all day....or at least they are flicking their lights to let me know mine are on High Beam. Now that I have installed the 960's I may shut the high beams down....not decided on that yet. I do want to do some night riding just to check out the different combinations of what I have shining u front.

tink

I understand the need to be seen, but, c'mon... high beams all the time?

Unnecessary and inconsiderate IMO; I sure as heck don't like being blinded by brights so I don't do it to others.

Well I see your point. I just never thought that HB's would be that overpowering during daylight hours.....more noticeable yes....but not an eye smoking irritating. Course I never stopped to walk out a couple hundred feet in front of the F6B while idling with the HB's on and assess how bright they were either. Will do that next chance I get.

In the mean time, I maintain anything I can do to minimise the chance of some cage pulling out in my lane and smoking me is good for me and good for the other fellows insurance company.

tink

I had to adjust my headlights up as well. One knob is for horizontal adjustment, and the other knob is for vertical adjustment...I just don't remember which knob is the vertical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by VP8 View Post
    One knob is for horizontal adjustment, and the other knob is for vertical adjustment...I just don't remember which knob is the vertical.
    The way I read the manual, one knob is for the left low beam, the other for the right low beam. Vertical adjustment is the only choice.
    One of us is wrong.

When I first got my F6B my two riding buddies told me that they had a hard time seeing me in the daylight with just my low beams on. After this I normally ride with the high beams on during daylight riding (and yes I sometimes get on coming cars flashing me that I have my high beams on) but I know that they see me and I don't care (:>). I might try the 10 click adjustment before I ride with them the next time.

Carl
    2013 Black Smoke Chrome LE Honda Goldwing F6B 04/26/2014
    2007 Blue/White Suzuki M109R LE 05/02/2007
    2003 Candy Red Honda VTX1800C 04/01/2005
    1999 Black/Red Honda Valkyrie Interstate 05/05/2012 (Sold 7/25/15)
    1973 Gold Honda CB750 Four 04/16/2010

Quote Originally Posted by VP8 View Post
    I had to adjust my headlights up as well. One knob is for horizontal adjustment, and the other knob is for vertical adjustment...I just don't remember which knob is the vertical.
    Each knob is for each headlights vertical adjustment, I don't believe there is any horizontal adjustment..