Why did you choose the F6B? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why did you choose the F6B?

Why did you choose the F6B?

For me it was a no-brainer. I was looking at a new BMW, but not impressed with the current styling and a recall on the model I was looking at.
    I saw the F6B, and pretty much made up my mind 15-seconds after looking at it on the showroom floor.
    I got a left over 2013 for $15,995.00, $1,000.00 Bonus Bucks and a 7-year warranty. BMW couldn't come anywhere close to that.
    Not to mention the fact that it is the baddest looking bike on the road!

First new bike in over 20 years, coming off a 2004 Concours.....I had it down to the FJR, with possible Triumph Thunderbird or Concours. Scared away by the reports of the issues with the Thunderbirds, lukewarm on the Connie, I thought the new FJR was a done deal. Loved the new add ons, the color, the price.....then I sat on it at the NY Auto show and got that pinch in my neck between the shoulder blades and I knew I would be fighting that with risers etc. Plus wanted to make the SO happy and I knew she would not enjoy that back seat. So....walked over to the Honda booth, sat on a F6B and........here I am. I made the right call!

Came off a VT 1300 and was looking for a bike that would suit long distance and comfort. Was looking at the Triumph Rocket and tried a few Victory models but after a couple test rides on the F6B I was sold. Just felt right although the Rocket was a good price. No remorse at all.
    2013 F6B in black of course

I had a C14 and a 12 Wing in the last few years. I loved both but to me the F6 is right in the middle. Not a sport tourer but but still sporty and not as good for touring as the Wing but can still be used for that. So I have one bike that suits me better and it's cheaper than two. I like all purpose bikes, something that can do lots of things good. Its no C14 or Wing but its close enough to both for me.

Riding position... the sport-tour bikes have you leaned forward *just* enough to create an uncomfortable pressure on my wrists. I call the F6 a tour-sport.

Styling... the F6 is the sexiest bike on the market IMO, bar-none.

Pedigree... the platform is proven reliable. Want to ride a million miles? No prob.

Ubiquity... parts and service dealers are everywhere (if you ever need one ).

How about Sport-Cruiser?

I never thought I'd be old enough for a Wing but when they chopped it down I said "Oh yeah. Brilliant!"

Definitely a great cruiser... great tourer... great sporter... cruisportour?

Hey MooMoo...my previous bike was a FJR1300. It was a great bike... loved the maneuverability, the speed, and it was just skinny enough to split lanes with. Everyone's riding style and needs are different. When I was mostly riding as a commuter and canyon riding on the weekends, the FJR was perfect for me. However, now, I'm more of a touring rider. Not only do I commute on my bike each day, but I also go on weekend or weeklong (or two) motorcycle trips several times a year. This means, I require a bike with large side bags and comfort for long distance riding of up to 800+ miles in a day without being in traction. The F6B fits that bill perfectly... and with the '15 including cruise control... that is even that much better.

I owned the FJR for approximately two years before trading it in for the F6B. During that time, I couldn't really ride more than a 350 mile day because my butt would be super sore (even with my upgraded Sergeant Seat) and my right hand would develop fatigue... even with a throttle lock because I mostly ride in the twisties.

With the FJR, your foot positioning is slightly more to the rear and you are leaning more forward... thus the more aggressive ride... so more weight is applied to your hands/wrists. This of course can be adjusted with helibars or changing the bar positioning as it has two levels of adjustment. The FJR also has two seat height positions for the individual rider... but most people leave it on the low position as that seat height is already at approx. 31". I've had several friends, male and female who sat on my FJR and couldn't reach the ground while the bike was even on it's kick stand.

The F6B's foot position is more to the front... like you are sitting on a seat... so your knees are approximately at a 90 degree bend. Back positioning is straight up, not really leaning back (like a cruiser) or leaning forward like a sport bike (however I would recommend you to lean forward a bit when you first take off on a F6B for the first time because it is very torquey at low gear). What's great about the F6B is you can also install highway pegs to change your foot and seat positioning. You can't install any highway pegs on the FJR...so you will end up standing on your pegs to rest your butt and get some blood flow to your legs.

Like what others have said... the FJR is more of a sport bike and is A LOT faster than the F6B due to it's weight difference. While the F6B is more of a tourer with some really nice passing power.

The F6B is way faster than any cruiser or touring bike on the market due to the 6 cylinders.

Good luck on your choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

standard love story

Saw it. Instantly got a woody for it. bought it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

I loved riding my V Star 1100, put a lot of miles on it during the few years I owned it. But I REALLY wanted to feel the power of a big engine when I twisted the throttle. Was seriously looking at the Victory Cross Country & Vision bikes, I find them both good to look at. But I knew that if I was going to bite the bullet and sink a bunch of money into a new Big Boy Bike, it would have to last a forever. That meant getting the flat 6 engine, but I knew I didn't want the fully dressed Goldwing. Test rode the Black Beauty & loved it. Now I love this bike more every time I get on it. Can't wait until spring to get back on again!