Ghost shifting issues and extended warranties on F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ghost shifting issues and extended warranties on F6B

Put 10K miles on a new 2013 in the first six weeks this fall and have had a few instances. Always thought my foot must have been resting on the shifter but now think not.

I had this problem at first but I think I was trying to shift that Goldwing transmission like the one in my Concours14. The kawasaki tranny is alot slicker and I could just flick the shifter without a problem. I have to be more deliberate with the F6B. Since I've stopped pretending the Honda was a sport bike, I've had no more problems.

I have personally met Greg and while he may be somewhat unique he appears to be a stand up guy, and from talking to him if I ever have a transmission or engine issue he will get the call. If I were him I wouldn't even be on the other forums! Every time he opens his mouth so to speak he gets beat to death for no reason.

I don't like to see the guy get beat up but there is a reason he gets it. What Scot mentioned above is true, and if Greg didn't get beat up there's no telling what sort of wild unsubstantiated claims he might make.

I noticed the same problem in my Honda Rune .

Plam Bay Florida, summer in Battle Creek, Mi.

Ghost shifting

I guess I am lucky, my dealer in Melbourne, Fl gives forever warranty on all the bikes they sell. After the three year full coverage warranty from Honda, this warranty covers the engine, transmission, and total drive train for as long as I own the bike. Doesn't cost anything. They still tried to sell me the extended warranty though.