I Got my First "What is it?" - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Got my First "What is it?"

I've debadged all my recent bikes when I can. I think it looks cleaner, it is easier to clean and it is my bike. If Honda wants me to be a mobile billboard they should send me a check once a month. However, I haven't done the F6B yet. I'm a little gun shy after hearing all the paint horror stories. Maybe I'll get brave this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by BadDawg View Post
    I've debadged all my recent bikes when I can. I think it looks cleaner, it is easier to clean and it is my bike. If Honda wants me to be a mobile billboard they should send me a check once a month. However, I haven't done the F6B yet. I'm a little gun shy after hearing all the paint horror stories. Maybe I'll get brave this weekend.
    All you need is your wife's hair dryer and some dental floss. Then follow up with fine rubbing compound and a coat of wax.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    All you need is your wife's hair dryer and some dental floss. Then follow up with fine rubbing compound and a coat of wax.
    Only use rubbing compound if you want to actually remove some paint. I used Googone to remove the sticky residue off the paint and then just cleaned and polished with liquid glass.

the nerve !

Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    Right after I bought mine in July 2013, I pulled in to the Harley Dealership where I was a regular when I had my Ultra. 3 guys came over and one ask me "what is it". I told him it was the new 2014 water cool Harley everyone was reading about. This of course, with all my OEM Honda badges still on the bike.

Just two weeks ago, I was at the Harley dealership again. 5 of the employees came out to look at my bike. Ask me to start it up and show them all the goodies. I'm guessing they won't get a Christmas bonus this year from the boss!
    how dare you corrupt the sheep ! that's some funny s#1t. actually, the Harley bunch is thrilled to see something new and different, or at least it seems that way at the local dealer in Cartersville, ga. I just wonder if only one employee would ever come look [ you know there bad to run in packs]