Black Rims - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Rims

shooter
    What kind if finish is on the goldwing rim

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    What kind if finish is on the goldwing rim
    I think it's a clear coat. I'm thinking of stripping off the clear coat and polish the front rim. Should look good. I did that with my Valkyrie rims and front fork.

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    I think it's a clear coat. I'm thinking of stripping off the clear coat and polish the front rim. Should look good. I did that with my Valkyrie rims and front fork.

I had 7 Fat Ladies , all models and all years . Until I saw and bought F6B , it was the best bike for me . It is a classic already , missed by many , especially those who couldn't understand Mother Honda for ending its production . So , Valkyrie had factory polished and clear coated rims only on Standards 2001-2003 and Tourers 2001-2002 . Interstate' didn't have that option at all . Your shiny rims and fork surpassed any options , which Valk riders could do . Actually it is better than chrome , but requires periodical cleaning . Still is worth it . Good job Bro . In F6B I ended with powder coating just front wheel in silver , but might copy you in future and polish it in next tire exchange . Let us know, how it might look .

I'll take both of your black rims off your hands when you decide what to do...

I LIKE black rims.
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post
    I'll take both of your black rims off your hands when you decide what to do...

I LIKE black rims.
    I will be kepting the black rims on till the tires are shot. Right on there are 3900 miles on them. So it might be another year.