Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
I ordered a Riderscan today. Did you make a template to get the curve right? I'm talking about the top of the material
Nice! I hope you like it as much as I do.

I didn't make a template... but I think I understand what your concern is; it's incredibly difficult to get the top edge of the wrap perfectly level and even from one side of the windshield to the other. I used the "string" method to check for even-ness. I put a string through the center mounting hole of the windshield with a big washer on the end so the string could be pulled tight.

The blue tape in the pics have pen marks on them that indicate mounting locations of the Riderscan feet. Once I got the Riderscan feet perfectly even between the left and right sides of the windshield, I pulled the string tight and marked the left foot at the precise height that I wanted. I also marked the string so that I knew what length was used.

Pulling the string tight again, I marked the height of the right foot using the same string length. Now that you have left and right markers that were made using the exact same length of string, that means this should be a perfectly level line from left to right across the windshield.