What was your first bike? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What was your first bike?

Honda xl 100
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

First bike

New Yamaha XS 650b that taught me what 5000 rpm vibration did to light bulbs and fasteners; love the difference in F6B.

Got this in high school in the mid 80's. It was used and not as pretty as this one. It got me around and even the girls loved to ride on it with me. (I was afraid the opposite would happen)

Attachment 10045

what was your first bike

a 1964 taco mini bike with a briggs and Stratton 3.5 motor on it,and a big gear on the back tire for hill climbing........used to ride that thing all around actor james cagneys abandoned ranch in the hills.......pulled the motor off of it ,sandblasted it,painted it metal flake green.....hit the ground running .....off chasing girls....best bike I ever had

A 1972 Suzuki Titan 2-stroke...

Attachment 10083
    '88 FLST
    '95 Ducati 916
    '04 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans
    '06 FLHX
    '09 Buell 1125R
    '13 F6B
    '17 BMW R Nine T Racer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A 1974 75cc Indian dirt bike, Orange in color.

1972 Yamaha 250 Enduro, bought used, all stripped down to ride in the strip mines and on the road when no body was watching.

Anyone have a Bridgestone? All though I never "owned" one, my friend's dad who was in the oil well tubing testing business, opened a BSA-Bridgestone dealership just because he loved bikes, and my buddy and I rode every bike he had. The Bridgestone bikes were some of the best quality motorcycles ever built. They had chrome-plated cylinders and rotary-valve induction systems. Paint was the best, but high manufacturing cost to build the engines and bikes to such a high standard, and the lack of a large dealer network put them out of the motorcycle business and back to making tires as the main business.

If you want to go back in time and see some neat restorations of your first bike:

http://www.bikesrestored.com/motorcyclesmadeby/honda/

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Anyone have a Bridgestone? All though I never "owned" one, my friend's dad who was in the oil well tubing testing business, opened a BSA-Bridgestone dealership just because he loved bikes, and my buddy and I rode every bike he had. The Bridgestone bikes were some of the best quality motorcycles ever built. They had chrome-plated cylinders and rotary-valve induction systems. Paint was the best, but high manufacturing cost to build the engines and bikes to such a high standard, and the lack of a large dealer network put them out of the motorcycle business and back to making tires as the main business.
    Wow, I never heard of them. How interesting! I had a Yamaha two stroke street bike in high school too. Must have been similar to the Bridgestone.

This is a sexy looking bike!

Attachment 10085

I had one like this. I wish it was this pretty.

Attachment 10086