Helmets and glasses
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helmets and glasses

Helmets and glasses

I wear tinted safety glasses that have a bifocal lense so I can read the dash and GPS easily. I buy about 4 pair at a time. I want to find a new 3/4 helmet that allows room for glasses. I don't care about a shield on the helmet. Can anyone recommend a helmet that works well with glasses?
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

I own a really high quality open face (3/4) helmet, a Shoei J Cruise.
    I find that if I put the helmet on first, then put my glasses on next, the fit and feel is great.
    Trying to put the helmet on over the glasses is an exercise in futility.

Of course, since no two heads are the same shape, YMMV.

I suggest you try any helmet on first before buying sight unseen.

I have a pair of HJC-IS33. They come with a face shield and drop down/built in sun visor. I took the face shield off and just us the visor which works great with my regular prescription glasses. My wife likes having both the face shield and visor. The inside visor does retract.

Attachment 10209

I wear an Arai CT-Z with glasses. Like you, I wear the bifocal safety glass sunglasses during the day, and my prescription bifocals at night.
    The CT-Z works great with glasses, but you do have to put the helmet on first and then put the glasses on.
    The helmet has a face sheild, but it and the visor are easy to remove and reinstall. I take the shield off in the summer, put it back on in cooler weather.
    The Arai also seems to offer more protection than most 3/4 face helmets, and the fit is phenomenal, at least for my fat head.

http://www.araiamericas.com/#/helmet...luminum-silver

I have both a Shoei J-Cruise 3/4 with face shield and an HJC open face 3/4 helmet...It is really tight to get my glasses over my ears with the Shoei so I am going to purchase frames with straight back ear pieces next spring after my annual eye exam...With the HJC my glasses fit great, but no face shield, and I only use the HJC in warmer weather as the wind noise is very noticeable compared with the Shoei, which is one of nicest and quietest helmets I have ever owned.....In any event, it always seems to work better to put your glasses on after the helmet....

Quote Originally Posted by BadDawg View Post
    I have a pair of HJC-IS33. They come with a face shield and drop down/built in sun visor. I took the face shield off and just us the visor which works great with my regular prescription glasses. My wife likes having both the face shield and visor. The inside visor does retract.

Attachment 10209
    Be very careful with that model. For me at least, it fits one size too small. In other words, try on a size one size larger than you normally would take. Otherwise, great helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Be very careful with that model. For me at least, it fits one size too small. In other words, try on a size one size larger than you normally would take. Otherwise, great helmet.
    +1

Shoei RJ Platinum. Very comfortable and glasses fit nicely. No face shield just a visor. It's my favorite.
    2013 F6B in black of course

I used these on a full face shield and they worked out GREAT !!! Just installed down on bottom of the shield and when ever I looked at my GPS or Phone it was perfect... just a thought !

http://www.amazon.com/Hydrotac-Stick...=1419087803050
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I used these on a full face shield and they worked out GREAT !!! Just installed down on bottom of the shield and when ever I looked at my GPS or Phone it was perfect... just a thought !

http://www.amazon.com/Hydrotac-Stick...=1419087803050
    Nice find there, Steve . For people that need some close-up magnification and don't want to wear their bifocals, this looks like a great solution. They will need to be careful about the "add" they order. I see these are offered in various strengths or "adds" and, of course, a 2.50 add is pretty strong. It's about what I need at my age, however .
    Ken (Hornblower)