Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post
The only reason Honda didn't include it was to save $$$. :

I disagree.

Honda installs ABS as standard equipment on all F6B's sold in Canada, Australia, and Europe.
Why not the US?
Because the distributors in each region, in your case Honda USA, tell the factory what features they want included on their bikes for each regional market. American owners are more conservative and don't take well to new technology. Just ask HD about that. Did you know that F6B's in Europe come standard not only with ABS and cruise, but also the electric reverse?

If owners bitch long and hard enough to their dealers, who in turn pass on those complaints to Honda USA, you will likely see ABS on the American F6B's in the future.

BTW, having had ABS on my 4 wheeled vehicles since the early 2000's and having ABS on my last bike, I wouldn't want a vehicle without it.
Yes, the expert drivers out there can likely modulate their non-ABS brakes in a skid situation to avoid lockup and high siding, but for the vast majority of riders who do not possess racing skills and reaction times, myself included, ABS will save you from high siding in a panic braking situation.