I must be some kind of weirdo or something but...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I must be some kind of weirdo or something but...

I must be some kind of weirdo or something but...

... after a couple of Harleys and thousands of $$$ dropped into them post-purchase, I love my 6 pretty much as is.

No need or desire for more speed, better sound, louder pipes, etc.,etc.,etc.

Bought a new Klockwerks windshield, Ergo III's and Mustang seat and I'm done.

Needed a little extra reach to the ground. Bought some boots with thicker soles.

I see a lot of you folks tweaking this and lowering that. Spending big bucks for Heli-bars etc.

Your money, your needs, your desires.

Not condemning anyone. Just wanted to go on record saying this bike to me was pretty close to perfect right out of the box.

Definitely more so than any bike I've ever bought or ridden.

Off my soapobox.

Ride safe and enjoy everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    ... after a couple of Harleys and thousands of $$$ dropped into them post-purchase, I love my 6 pretty much as is.

Needed a little extra reach to the ground. Bought some boots with thicker soles.

I see a lot of you folks tweaking this and lowering that. Spending big bucks for Heli-bars etc.

Not condemning anyone. Just wanted to go on record saying this bike to me was pretty close to perfect right out of the box.

Off my soapobox.

I'm with you my friend on your impressions of the F6B...We all like to modify/change our bikes to suit our liking and I think that what others do is none of my business...We all have different needs and wants....After owning my F6B since fall of 2013 I have made about the same changes as you have...Custom paint, Cobra pipes, Mustang seat, Baggershield windscreen, Kuryakyn grips, and a few cosmetic/chrome things...I also had my riding boot soles/heels raised a couple years ago and I have now decided to leave well-enough alone...Gave much thought to Heli-bars, risers, Superbrace, etc. and came to the conclusion, earlier today for whatever reason, I am done and love my ride the way it is as it fits my needs just fine.....Ride safe

I felt the same way 7 months ago when I traded in my 2010 FLHX for a 2014 f6b deluxe.
    During the 7 months of owning the F6B, I ended up with:
    Breakaway throttle lock
    Clearview windshield
    Mustang seat
    Lowering rear shock linkage
    Customized centerstand
    Foam grips
    Under the mirror wind deflectors
    Ergo 2 highway pegs
    Show Chrome floorboards
    Goldwing passenger floorboards
    Rocky risers
    Lol

I'm now looking at rush slip ons, madstad windshield,
    MP3 luggage rack.....

Now I know it's an addiction, no matter what bike I have/ ride.
    When I think about it, I have never left any of my bike stock.

What makes me feel ok with all the mods is that I haven't had the need/ want to touch the power train which means that I'm not messing with the proven reliability of the honda goldwing.

Off my soapobox.

thats the beauty of the 6
    while there is not as huge an aftermarket as Harleys have
    there still is the ability to tailor our bikes to or own needs
    i guarantee that after a while you too will tweak your near perfect 6
    its in our nature,

It's always individual way to add "personality" to our toys .
    Sometimes it's very necessary ... It helps to love them even more .

Loved mine as it was new 'cept the windshield. Still smile every time I get on it. But, I keep ordering more stuff. Don't really like the new Rush exhaust. Shoulda kept it stock.

Like a pretty gurl, I keep buying mine stuff like a wild girlfriend trying to get closer !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzzPhotos View Post
    Loved mine as it was new 'cept the windshield. Still smile every time I get on it. But, I keep ordering more stuff. Don't really like the new Rush exhaust. Shoulda kept it stock.

a word monster oval!!

Off my soapobox.

fyi....if do a search on suspension preload here you might not need them boots
    you can let some preload out of the shock,its in the manual as well

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzzPhotos View Post
    Which exhaust do you have ? What don't you like about it?