Chrome - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Chrome

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Well I finally had time to mount the Michelin and put the chrome wheel on the back. Small difference in looks but I feel better about it.Attachment 10598
    The chrome rim in the back really completes the look!

shooter
    Thanks Chop. It's a small difference but I really notice it. Hey Bob , love the "Fish Pipes" buddy. And that chrome is HOT.

Well I finally had time to mount the Michelin and put the chrome wheel on the back. Small difference in looks but I feel better about it.Attachment 10598
    Black and chrome...does not get any better ...Very nice looking bike !!!!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I'll stay stock black.

Just committed to buy a rear rim off a 2013 goldwing, polished/ coated, for $165.00 + shipping. My thoughts are that I will pick up a chromed stock rim for the front, and as my 6 is lowered and you don't see much of the rear rim, they will look close enough to get by with.

I may also go DARK SIDE at that time.

shooter
    I think you're right Chop. As long as there is something shiny back there it will look great.

Well Moto I didn't know that LED and audio and seat upgrades made it any faster. The matte paint isn't going to help either. If you didn't buy the 'Fast Black' in the first place then you're just screwed.
    I am completely unable to understand whatever point you are trying to make.

I am willing to spend money on functional upgrades, not just bling. Full matte would solve the scratches problem.

Chrome is the Icon of the Harley crowd, and the poster child for a wasted non-functional expenditure.

BTW, my F6B IS Black.
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

To upgrade/customize or leave stock is a personal thing. To many a bike is a mode of transportation, not much more. To many it is an expression of them. I have always had a love affair w/vehicles, if I had back the money I spent on making them me/mine...
    So whether you want the BLING or the POWER or anything/ everything in between, more power to you.

Really like the Chrome wheels ! Right now I am into the all black style of my bike, If I wasn't concerned about it being seen I would add the black Headlamps I saw in some ad and the blacked out taillights. Wont do it though as not only being seen, I need to SEE ..
    Black pipes though are on the list for sure.
    Doing your rear wheel adds the 'bling' back there and completes the look.May not be my 'style' but yours looks really good !

Although I liked chrome on my bikes, whether they were Harley or metrics, I just liked a good balance, not much of a chrome whore, per say.
    I think the change will look good and I will like it, if I don't, I have the black rims to fall back on. And all will be good.

Bling the Wing