Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
Right, Big Dawg The Traxxion Dynamics forks are considerably stiffer than stock. The stock rear is still fairly soft however, even with preload dialed up, so that is why I'm still dragging quite a bit. That said, my Macgyver belly pan doesn't seem to be a problem. It goes in tighter than some other belly pans and that's especially true when you install them using a floor jack like I did .
Ken, for those who like to ride the F6 and the Wings like we do, I make a rear shock clevis that is a 1/4" longer than stock so it raises the bike up a little higher than stock. I believe the rear spring on the F6 is way too soft (the Wing too) and should be a stronger if you like to ride the twisties at a spirited pace. On my bike, I have a Penski rear shock with a stronger spring and a longer shock clevis. The front frorks have AK-20 kits in them, 1.1 KG springs, fork brace and the fork tubes are pushed dowm 10mm in the triple trees. The result is much greater ground clearance and I had to make the kickstand an inch longer. It almost handles like a sport bike now.

A common misconception, is that slightly stiffer springs make the ride harsher, not true, it mearly makes the bike ride higher in the suspension instead of bouncing off the botton of the travel like a stock bike.