Extended Trip on F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extended Trip on F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    Packing is the only real issue for extended travel. When I did my Tx-AZ round trip in November, I used the back seat for camping gear and and Laconia T-Bag luggage for my 10 days of clothing. I put net bungie over everything which allowed for rain suite and other small essentials to be added for quick retrieval as required. Great bike for travel.

Attachment 4751Attachment 4752Attachment 4753
    Sweet ,,Thanks for the pics.. Did you use any type luggage rack? Any more pictures you have would be welcome and helpful..>>>---->

I have the OEM Honda luggage rack. To attach the bag, I used soft ties to extend the width of the small footprint of the rack. Worked great. Sorry, those are the only pics I took.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I do a heap of overnighters and this is in line with the stuff for the new bike
    Its a Dririder

Link: http://www.bikebiz.com.au/products/D...Tail-Pack.html
    Attachment 11009

Bought an F6B last June in Vancouver.....ran it 3000 miles over 9 days or so to Sudbury Ontario and then in September ran it to the east coast another 2100 miles or so in 5 days. My wife was on the back. We didn't do any camping but probably could have found rom for a tent and sleeping bag.

We are getting to be old farts....(speaking for myself) so use to toughing it out a bit. But nothing tough about this bike. Flies with power to spare, brakes to match and my wife was pretty comfortable in the stock saddle. I threw my old sheep skin acorss the drivers seat a couple of time for the longer days.

I am all in on this machine.....can't say enough about it....really really like it.

tink

A +1 on the Sheepskin

I prefer this method....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Basic Gear For Me

Made a ten day camping trip early last year to ride some of the twisty roads in North Carolina, Tennessee and Georgia.Attachment 11091 I utilized a couple of canoe dry bags for my tent, sleeping bag, air mattress, ground cloth and some clothes. One saddle bag went for rain gear, jacket etc with the other being my cooking gear and misc. The dry bags were strapped on my bike length wise over the passenger seat and rack giving me a backrest. I used ROK straps to strap the bags, never work loose. Simple and worked well for me,

7000 miles in 17 days. One tail bag for clothes. Saddle bags for camping and riding gear and a couple things bungied to tail bag. The bike worked great! Left Southeast MO, Nebraska, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Canada, Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Utah, and Kansas.