Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
texting and even using the phone should be stopped. It seems every time I have a close call someone has a phone against their ear. If a vehicle is in gear the phones should have the signal blocked!!!

I agree to an extent. It must stop and no driver should be texting while behind the wheel, BUT there is no reason that passengers have should be blocked from texting.

I also feel stiffer fines won't be enough of a deterrent because the mind set is "it won't happen to me" but do feel if you screw up you have to take responsibility for your actions. So big fines should be in place.

That being said I also have no idea what will work. It seems to be a choice that people make in total disregard for others. As it was said,,,,, too many offenders feel that what is going on in their lives are just to important to follow the law!!! BUT do it near me and if I'm in my truck I will blow the horn and try to make your drive miserable and if I'm on the bike stopped at an intersection I will reach over and knock on your window..