What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 27
Page 27 of 126 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Very nice job!
    Thank you.

Received Rick's back light and got it installed today...came out nice...very easy to install....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Ran a bit of tube around the back of the bike to protect it when I back it up
    Bit of spray paint on the inside of the tube
    Bit of supaglue to hold it in place
    And a line of silastic around it to help hold it and fill in the gapsAttachment 12085

Washed it and will ride it to work tomorrow. Supposed to be low 70s here in Cali!

Installed and calibrated the Healtech Speedohealer.
    For everyone outside the US who has a metric speedo and odo, your readings are likely in the 6% optimistic range. This device electronically, through the Vehicle Speed Sensor circuit, adjusts the VSS signal so that the speedo and odo read accurately.

Next I installed the EC low beam cutout harness so that my HID low beams don't power up unnecessarily, only once the engine is running. It's done by using the oil pressure sensor's signal to energize the relay for the HID's.
    What should have been an easy install turned out to be a bit of a "gotcha". First, the lower front fairing (cowl) has to come off. No big deal. Then the left horn has to come off. No big deal. Then I realized the quarters were still too tight to take off the rubber boot over the oil pressure sender and install the EC wire. So next came off the oil filter. Now the unanticipated reared its ugly head. The protective rubber boot over the oil sensor wire is a form fit. There is no room to slip the EC wire through the rubber boot without cutting the rubber boot, so that's what I had to do. Using an exacto knife, I put a small slice though the boot, ran the EC wire through, tightened the oil pressure wire and EC wire back down, and then reinstalled the rubber boot. I used some black automotive silicone to seal up the slice in the boot. The whole deal took about a half hour. The longest part was thinking about how to install that extra wire without sacrificing the water resistant integrity of the boot.

Attachment 12139

The small black box that is the speedohealer. The harness on the left is from the VSS. The harness on the right connects to a tiny pushbutton. Pressing this button with either the ignition on or the engine running causes the speedo to display to the fastest speed attained. Each time you exceed the previous fastest speed, the new speed is set to memory. Holding down the button for 2 s erases the previous top speed.

Attachment 12140

The speedohealer velcro'd to the inside of the right radiator cover. The speedohealer controls for programming are the two small red buttons. The single red LED allows for the programming. one operation at a time. The instructions were straightforward and the quality is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Very nice job!
    I've been looking for a small diameter switch like that, where'd you get it?
    I got it at the only retail electronics supply in my city. It's a Philmore, round mini push button switch, part # 30-111, made in Japan no less.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I started to mess around with blue led's to match the blue on the speedo .......

These buttons should have been lit from the factory...

Installed my new winbender HPS....now...if it would warm up enough to give it a trial run.....that would be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I started to mess around with blue led's to match the blue on the speedo .......

These buttons should have been lit from the factory...

Does the Blue effect the colour of the Gauges?????

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by terrydj View Post
    Does the Blue effect the colour of the Gauges?????
    No. Once the gauges are in place only the speakers will be lit. And the display buttons that I added lights too..