Looking for a new seat - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for a new seat

I have also contemplated buying a new seat. I do struggle to put both feet completely on the ground with a 29" inseam.
    I don't believe the seat is too high as such, but I do find the front half of the seat is too wide which forces your legs more outwards which in turn makes the ground further away.
    I believe Honda has done this to make removing the side covers much easier.
    I do like the current seat to footage height and find it quite comfortable.

Could people who already have bothMustang or the Ultimate seat comment if their seat is wider, narrower or the same width as the stock seat. even a few dimensions or photos showing the difference would be great if not too much of a hassle.
    May also help Cosborn on his seat choice.

Cheers

Not sure of the dimensions but I too found the stock seat to be to wide as it forced my legs out to far. I went with a mustang and that solved the problem, it also has much better lower back support

Quote Originally Posted by nox View Post
    I have also contemplated buying a new seat. I do struggle to put both feet completely on the ground with a 29" inseam.
    I don't believe the seat is too high as such, but I do find the front half of the seat is too wide which forces your legs more outwards which in turn makes the ground further away.
    I believe Honda has done this to make removing the side covers much easier.
    I do like the current seat to footage height and find it quite comfortable.

Could people who already have bothMustang or the Ultimate seat comment if their seat is wider, narrower or the same width as the stock seat. even a few dimensions or photos showing the difference would be great if not too much of a hassle.
    May also help Cosborn on his seat choice.

Cheers
    I have not tried the Ultimate seat but their web-site says it is about 19" wide and the Mustang is 17"...I also have a 29"(barely) inseam and with the addition of 1/2" heels/soles on my riding boots and the 1" lower Mustang seat I am good to go and really like the seat...No issues with touching flat-footed at stops and the support from the seat is great!!! BTW, the Ultimate is the same height as the stocker....

Be careful...

Quote Originally Posted by vstar09 View Post
    The Mustang is a PITA to install... try the tapered seat bolts
    +1
    2002 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic
    2014 Honda F6D Deluxe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by luisjromero View Post
    +1
    Installing the Mustang seat can be a bit of a hassle as reported...But if you use the suggested after-market bolts from Value Accessories, made by ShowChrome, not the ones from Wingstuff, the install is much easier and less of a PITA...I had the tapered bolts from last years posts and they were too short and did not work.....The updated ones are actually longer than the stock bolts and much longer than the older style offered and RickW from Value Accessories has then posted on his web-site and has installed them on his bike and he claims they work fine...I have the newer style and plan to install them next week when the weather warms up...Just my .02 cents!!!

Corbin all the way.

All my bikes have Corbin seats. Just picked up my new F6B and ordered the Corbin seat and Smuggler pack the same day.
    Got plenty of stock seats in my attic, where they belong.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackedout2014 View Post
    All my bikes have Corbin seats. Just picked up my new F6B and ordered the Corbin seat and Smuggler pack the same day.
    Got plenty of stock seats in my attic, where they belong.
    My smuggler is truly awesome. Really like the way it looks and the heated seat in the philly wintertime.
    F6B with Smuggler left rear.jpg
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

hi, your bike looks awesome. I am looking into buying an F6B maybe this summer. I have a meanstreak presenting. I think I am 45 minutes from you and have a friend in Lancaster. Maybe we can hook up some time

Quote Originally Posted by silverado View Post
    hi, your bike looks awesome. I am looking into buying an F6B maybe this summer. I have a meanstreak presenting. I think I am 45 minutes from you and have a friend in Lancaster. Maybe we can hook up some time
    Thank you sir!
    Replied to your PM. I'm pretty available, now that I'm back in town.
    Cheers!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce