Daytona F6B impressions - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daytona F6B impressions

Imagine how I feel. My last bike was a Victory Cross Roads. They have the largest saddlebags of anybody and I was still carrying a tour pack for my trips. I am fine with the bags, thanks to the MP3 rack I got from a forum member at a very reasonable price.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Speaking strictly from an aesthetic viewpoint, I think the bike would look ever sooo slightly sexier with slimmer, longer bags.

I'm still trying to decide if I like the clam shell opening better than a top loader; I'm fine with it though.

I've astonished many folks in the grocery store parking lot who see me with 5 or 6 bags of stuff being engulfed by the F6 panniers

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Speaking strictly from an aesthetic viewpoint, I think the bike would look ever sooo slightly sexier with slimmer, longer bags.

I'm still trying to decide if I like the clam shell opening better than a top loader; I'm fine with it though.

I've astonished many folks in the grocery store parking lot who see me with 5 or 6 bags of stuff being engulfed by the F6 panniers
    I use saddle bags for road gear like jackets,chaps,rain gear, bike cover etc... I put my clothes and stuff I pack clothing in a T bag or luggage for the luggage rack.

Since we're talking about the bags...

...I really like my Cargo Keepers (from Chrisco Accessories). They are a little raw from the factory, but could easily be finished proper on the cheap.

Attachment 12417 Attachment 12418
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Glad you like the bike. I am very happy with mine. Thought I'd add my experience on the seat. I took a run from Colorado to Madison last year about two weeks after I got the bike. First long trip on her. The seat was almost unbearable after about 500 miles. I suffered through it all the way to Madison,then started looking seriously at the Mustang seat.
    The Mustang I still like for the way it looks and the advertised 1 inch lower.
    I made it through the trip by shifting position used my forward ergo's (don't like that) I even put my feet on the rear pegs to give my butt a break.
    Then I realized on the trip back the seat wasn't hurting any more and it hasn't bothered me since. I ran a 1000 mile in 24 (actually 25 hours) run and I never thought about it.
    Either it broke me in or I broke it in.
    Still would like the Mustang for looks and down an inch but the stock seat is no longer an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by grendl View Post
    Glad you like the bike. I am very happy with mine. Thought I'd add my experience on the seat. I took a run from Colorado to Madison last year about two weeks after I got the bike. First long trip on her. The seat was almost unbearable after about 500 miles. I suffered through it all the way to Madison,then started looking seriously at the Mustang seat.
    The Mustang I still like for the way it looks and the advertised 1 inch lower.
    I made it through the trip by shifting position used my forward ergo's (don't like that) I even put my feet on the rear pegs to give my butt a break.
    Then I realized on the trip back the seat wasn't hurting any more and it hasn't bothered me since. I ran a 1000 mile in 24 (actually 25 hours) run and I never thought about it.
    Either it broke me in or I broke it in.
    Still would like the Mustang for looks and down an inch but the stock seat is no longer an issue.
    Thanks for that. Maybe there's hope. I sure don't WANT to spend 7 bills for a new ultimate if I don't have to!

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    ...I really like my Cargo Keepers (from Chrisco Accessories). They are a little raw from the factory, but could easily be finished proper on the cheap.

Attachment 12417 Attachment 12418

Do you have a link?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Do you have a link?
    Yep, I do.

Cargo Keepers by ChrisCo Accessories
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

that's cool with the Cargo Keepers

I'm too cheap just use Publix cloth Bags!

Cept mine are black!

Attachment 12436

Vol1Chuck- where's da flipping pics?
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt