Video Cameras - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Video Cameras

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Looks good but are you sure the front fender won't hit that camera if you ever fully compress the forks. If you'll notice, even that plastic piece under the headlights is contoured to match the front fender. I'm not saying this is definitely a problem but I do have a concern.
    I can understand the concern, but it has not been an issue yet, and I have been on some pretty ruff roads just this past weekend. I was more concerned with the camera coming loose as it is just mounted with the double sided sticky tape that comes with the unit.

Not a problem as of yet

Quote Originally Posted by nvmyf6 View Post
    I can understand the concern, but it has not been an issue yet, and I have been on some pretty ruff roads just this past weekend. I was more concerned with the camera coming loose as it is just mounted with the double sided sticky tape that comes with the unit.

Not a problem as of yet
    Hopefully, you're OK on that. It would probably take a big hit, something like a pot hole to really find out.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Got the Sony AS 20 with image stabilization, thinking of putting the mount under the right hand mirror where it shouldn't be too obvious, especially when detached. Looks like it offers a pretty good view without the fairing show up. Ram Mounts have a ball adapter for the Go Pro and you can get a Go Pro Adapter Mount off Amazon if you prefer the Sony to the Go Pro and want even more mounting options. You can get some really long extension arms if you want to use a Ram Mount just about anywhere at any height.
    ss^,
    Ken

Ountedo]=Garnerj031875;56572]Has anyone found a good way to mount a video cam to the stock F6B? I have one that fits on my helmet but it can get in the way of my head movements. THank you for your feedback.[/QUOTE]
    Here's what I did, ordered a mount with 1 inch ball from Ram, drilled hole in my Baggershield wind screen then I mounted it to the outside of the shield. the reason I mounted it to the outside is because the way the bars are situated on the F 6 B it would take a very tall arm to get over the shield if you mounted it on the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by terrydj View Post
    Mate is the Sony Waterproof????
    You can get a water proof case for it that does the job to 16ft says Sony, but they're on sale so,

http://store.sony.com/compact-pov-ac...pfm%3Dcategory

Course if you go this route you'd probably want their monitor remote. The naked cam claims water resistance, but I wouldn't stick an unprotected lens out there in the wind without the case to protect it. What ever you get think we're all lookin' forward to seeing some road shots from Down Under.
    ss^,
    Ken

ok here is my first edited video, don't flame me too much. Also I got to get use to not swinging my head so much.

John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Considering picking up an action camcorder for this summer and especially the Yellowstone trip. Their seems to be a love fest concerning the Hero's but it seems their are a LOT of options out their, will have to start reading and try and make an intelligent decision. Their is even a little camera that you pin to your jacket or vest the takes random photo's through out the day, seams like a fun idea especially at a festival or something.

I already have a Mobius and it works OK but this one that I just ordered should be quite a step up:

http://usa.ioncamera.com/ion/iON-AIR...i-Fi_Lite.html

This camera gets good reviews and I found one on eBay for $60 (almost too good to be true). I also like that it doesn't require an extra housing to make it waterproof. The Mobius, that I already have, is mounted on my Farkle shelf and is programmed to automatically record whenever the ignition is on. My plan is to mount this new iON camera on my helmet and turn it on and off as the situation requires.
    Ken (Hornblower)